storm heating / Poor/ non existent service

1 England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

If you are offered this company via your home serve contract do not agree to use them! A storm heating engineer came to my house to repair my boiler. Despite being told for the next 5 days that the part was "on order" they suddenly declared the boiler was beyond economic repair! This company are total crooks and are simply out to pick up call out charges from what I can gather - i will be submitting a formal complaint but in the meantime avoid at all costs!

Sa

Comments

• Ar
      27th of Nov, 2010

have an ongoing problem with them ...i want to complain to watchdog/or someone...dont really know how to begin...

• Ve
      27th of Nov, 2010

After Homeserve contracted my broken gas system onto Storm heating, it took them just over a week to contact me and then they phoned me at 10:30pm on a Saturday night to say they would be round in 30 mins, by the the time they actually contacted me I had already contacted and had my heating fixed by a reputable professional company. The engineer that contacted me also got my name wrong and was extremely rude when I corrected him by saying oh you must be Pakistani! I will certainly be taking this complaint further and would just say DO NOT USE THEM

• Gg
      8th of Dec, 2010

Rubbish! Do not use unless you enjoy feeling frustrated and despair !!!

• Ge
      9th of Dec, 2010

I too got lumbered with Storm heating after Homeserve sent them out to fix my boiler. After 6 days having to endure this last bout of weather (-5 degree C), they also told me it was BER (Beyond economical repair). I called apon a third party how fixed the boiler, it was a simple case of the condenser trap overflowing (just a clean out, no parts required). I could have agreed to have the boiler replace for thousands of pound, but there was actually no problem with it. I'm will be seeking legal advice with this one.

• Fi
      31st of Dec, 2010

We've just spent 12 days (over Xmas) without heating. 2nd Storm engineer arrived today - wrong part received. He looked lost while inspecting the boiler - he continued to say that our boiler was substandard, this sentiment was not shared by his colleague who'd visited 10 days before. I wonder if we'll have a working system ever again? These guys are cowboys. The first engineer also told us how they have an incentive (£50) to say that a 'powerflush' is required. HomeServe cancels your contract if you refuse to have the 'powerflush' costing an extra £500!!

• Fe
      12th of Jan, 2011

I was unfortunate enough to have a boiler installed by Storm. The boiler broke down within six months. They state that if it is their installation they will come within 24 hours. It is now mid January and they still have not fixed it. I have had it fixed by another engineer who said it was a poor installation. There must be somewhere you can report these cowboys. I would NEVER recommend using them.

27th of Jan, 2011

Totally agree, reactfast (Homeserve / Storm Heating) left me without heating/hot water coming upto Xmas for nearly three weeks. Br Gas managed to get the parts within less then 24 hours. But had to condemn my boiler because it was un-safe something that wasn't picked up by the Storm Heating engineer. I found a local Firm to supply and fit a new boiler. He let me choose what I wanted. ( Custom Heating co of David Mackrell 01808 50 53 55. Who checked the Job on 22 Dec 10 started and comppleted by the 24 Dec. This is the kind of person who will get my future costome
    Thanks Dave for rescuing us form the night mare of storm heating
    Danny .Chigwell

• Ac
      8th of Feb, 2011

Write to your insurers saying you will not renew your insurance if they continue to let heatsave use Storm Heating. The only way Storm will get their come uppance is if heatsave use an alternative company. It is worth it. Most insurance companies have a feedback on their website and it will only take a minute to send an email. If the insurance companies think they may lose out on money, action will be taken.

• Ra
      11th of Mar, 2011

I have been suffering at their hands too. On Saturday they came out to look at the fault and diagnosed a sticking valve on the boiler (after managing to set fire to the wiring having failed to shut a test valve that ignited). On Monday, nothing. On Tuesday pm after I called them, they said they weren't actioning a repair as th boiler was last made in 1994. The model of boiler I have wasn't made until 1996 and continued to 2002, plus my house is only 8 years old!! They wanted me to have a new boiler. After a lot of time and phone calls on Tuesday I manaaged to get a call agreed to replace the part on Thursday. Engineer came and fitted new part to find an o-ring seal missing. Promised call Friday morning (today). No call received. On calling them they have said they can't do anythng before Monday. Promised a call back from a manager who after 2 hours has not returned my call and its now too late to do anything prior to the weekend so I now have 3 more days ahead of me with no hot water or heating and 2 young children. That will be 11 days by Monday in total. I can't even use a local engineer this late in the week so I have no choice but to wait.
    This call was booked under the Direct line Home Emergency 24 hour service. It is "managed" by Homeserve, who in turn employed Storm on this job.

• Mr
      11th of Mar, 2011

KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THEM THESE PEOPLE ARE TELLING THE TRUTH NOT LIKE STORM HEATING COWBOYS IS A UNDERSTATMENT

• Aj
      21st of Mar, 2011

Storm Heating (based in Dunstable) appear to be a completely different company from the complaints submitted. They came out as part of my HomeServe agreement the next day and diagnosed my problem pretty quickly. Parts did take a little longer than expected to arrive, but upon speaking to the call centre they informed as to the status of my 'job'. I found the call centre to be polite and understanding of my situation, they advised me they are currently undergoing a change within the company and that customer service is their number one priority. Hopefully all existing and future customers will experience the same level of customer service & satisfaction that I have.

• Mi
      24th of Mar, 2011

It is an utter disgrace - Storm Heating just waste your time i.e. you take a day off and they do not turn up or they tell you 8AM - 6 PM window for the visit but turn up EVEN later than that so you can be essentially tied down for 10-11 hours at home waiting for them. And then on the top of that the whole saga called ' we have a part, surprise - no, we don't' which is very frustrating. How can they continue to operate being so exceedingly .. bad? (you may wish to repalce this word with something more suitable..)

• Me
      30th of Mar, 2011

I have unfortunately suffered the same fate as many of the complainants I have just read through. The hot water on our 4 year old boiler stopped working. I called Reactfast i.e Homeserve who spent ages signing me up to £300 per year breakdown service insurance. Ten minutes after that call 'Storm heating' called to say that they could only come out the next day as they are a next day attendence company. I took the afternoon off work for a 4 hour window. Give them their due the engineer found the fault quickly but told me the company do not fix faults until they did a £450 powerflush. The part was apparently ordered by the parts dept and I was told they will attend and fix in 3 days. I was informed the part arrived on the 3rd day and appointment made to fit on the 4th day. I was told they would attend between 8am and 12 noon. No-one turned by 12.10pm so I called them and they contacted the engineer who said the part had arrived but no 'O' rings. Sounds familiar!!! I then heard nothing from the company so I had to ring them over two days to be told I was booked on for the following week fitting. I'm now waiting for the engineer who has now exceeded the 4 hour window again. Although I have lodged a complaint, I'm still waiting for a senior member of the company to contact me as promised by Homeserve & Storm Heating. I have never known a company to provide such a poor service, who seem to be void in keeping the customer informed of their situation. I do not intend renewing the years insurance. They are completely CRAP!... With this many complaints you would think that they would stop using Storm heating.
    yours Maf.

1st of Apr, 2011

Their engineers are not only illogical but also irresponsible. After lots of phone calls, their engineer came to my property to find out gas leakage without gas sniffer. They don’t know what they are doing, totally waste of money. The issue is not fixed yet.

8th of Apr, 2011

Hi Mr Unhappy
    I too have suffered a similar fate through this company. You can read my story under 'Despicable Customer Service' - Barbs. As you will see, with some help from the broker I contacted Homeserve who manage Storm as part of my AXA emergency service and got them to agree to refund the cost of my employing a private heating engineer. It worked! I got a decent guy in who came armed with the correct parts and did the job in one go! Would suggest you do the same.

• Co
      11th of Apr, 2011

i would not use storm heating even if someone paid me!!! my boiler broke down on monday 28th march its now monday the 11th and oh what do you know still no boiler!!! customer service non existent, communication between there call centre and the engineers is appalling and the way they speak to you as if its the customers fault that the boiler is broken! the wrong parts have been ordered on every single occassion and all they say is oh well its the suppliers not us, hmmm well maybe re-consider who you use perhaps??? they are now saying it will be sorted tomorrow but i wont hold my breath! i will be going to watchdog and making a formal complaint. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

14th of Apr, 2011

Dear complaints? no surprise Please make a comment about what Watchdog say when you contact them - I think they may have plenty of ammunition, judging by the comments on this website - it would make an interesting item on their show!

• Id
      28th of Apr, 2011

People should read the T's and C's of their policy's and not expect services that they dont pay for ive never had anything to do with this company but it sounds like you should all find something better to do with your lives...Idiots!!

28th of Apr, 2011

Why then are you reading this website - could the same apply to you???????? Could you possibly be a Storm Heating representative???????

• Id
      4th of May, 2011

Researching Insurance for a uni project if you must know Barbs but after reading some of these complaints (which are quite funny to be honest) I happen to know that people should read what they sign for! Im amazed at how sad some people are obviously got nothing better to do with their lives! HAHAHAHA