Stop Repair Bills / not paying for repairs

I bought a used 1 ton dual pickup used & I bought a warrenty from this company & I have paid the money to keep it going & now the transmission went out & the warrenty company said that there was a miliage discreptantcy with car fax & that they refuse to pay the 2017.00 transmission bill. I told them that the proof of purchase & the title show actual miles & they still dont believe me & now Im stuck with a huge bill. What ever you do dont buy from this company there a JOKE & need to be prosicuted fully

Comments

• Th
      15th of Jun, 2010
    Stop Repair Bills - rude salesperson
    stop repair bills
    Killeen
    Texas

I called this company because my husband and I had wanted to look into getting repair insurance for our car. Everything was going smoothly when I called them to get a QUOTE as far as the cost was concerned. When I told the guy that it was a little more than we wanted to pay down and per month...He swithched me to another guy who at first wanted me to get the insurance without speaking to my husband and then wanted to call my husband for a three way call ( WHILE HE WAS STILL AT WORK ), when I told the guy no, he then proceeded to accuse me of wanting to get the same promo rate at a time of MY choosing...something I considered to be a pressure sales tactic, not rude and pushy. Needless to say, I did not get this insurance and will not deal with these people in the future. If they are going to treat a potential customer like this, I am worried about how I will be treted by this company should anything really bad happen to my car.

6th of Jul, 2010

My complaint with this "Stop Repair Bills" is the arrogance the rep had when i phoned for a quote. i called back and supposedly talked to a supervisor who was more professional. you know, somehow, i knew the first rep was going to be arrogant beceause he was talking to me, a woman, whom he assumed didn't know much about cars. Nessdless to say, his inevitable attitude turned me away completely. Representatives who answer company phones give the potential customer a preview of what to expect--or first impressions in these cases are lasting impressions--definitely. Ironicallly, i'm glad he was rude, for had he been kind, i may have been duped into buying into this prop.-Anna Mujahid, Philadelphia

• Gm
      31st of Jul, 2010
    Stop Repair Bills - customer service
    stop repair bills

I called SRB for information about warranty service. Salesman kept lowering price and I told him I had to talk to my son first, then he said I had 28 days If I changed my mind & I gave him my information. My son had already checked them out on the web, so I called them back to cancel the service. I talked to the 2 rudest men who kept arguing with me. I think it was a game for them. One told me that United Car Care did the warranty and SRB does the selling. It finally ended with the salesman telling me that since I wouldn't get the papers in the mail to sign, the transaction was stopped. He could have told me that in the beginning. Now I am scared that they have all in info. Will they try to take money out of my bank. At 74 I don't need this kind of harassment.

25th of Feb, 2011
    Stop Repair Bills - Fraudulent
    Stop Repair Bills
    Boston
    Massachusetts

This company is a fraud. I cancelled my contract 7 days later after hearing negative reviews online about this company. The Customer Service Rep. told me that the refund to my account should be by my next billing statement. Instead, they charged me again. When I called back, no one would answer the phone and after 3 weeks of constant calling I was told that I would get a prorated refund. Even though I cancelled 7 days after getting the warranty. They claim that they never received anything or any calls requesting a refund. This company is a scam and when I say scam, I mean scam. Do Not Buy Anything from this company. You will regret it later.

9th of Mar, 2011

I have gathered all the requeried proof for my contract to take effect. However, I was denied my claim and now I have to pay $2600 out of my pocket. The Administrative Company said it's a pre-existing condition. Does anyone know how to drive a car with a blown head gasket more than 1000 miles? If so, leave a message, please. When I want to cancel my contract, the customer service representative said this task is impossible!

• El
      13th of May, 2011

WOW!! these guys used the same tactics on me. I just called and luckily my cell phone died or i would have made a big mistake! But i did have doubts because every time i mentioned the price being too much the cut the price in half and it sounded too good to be true. Thanks to this review and my conscious I wont make a mistake i cant afford!

• He
      15th of Sep, 2011
    Stop Repair Bills - Extremely Pushy Sales tactics
    stoprepairbills.com

I was shopping around to look for extended warranty on my car. I ran into this website and submitted an online request for a quote. Their sales person called me within 30 minutes and offered a price along with the request for a credit card/debit card to charge the downpayment ... all in the same sentence. I told him that I have to shop around but he would not listen and continued to remind me about how this is the best deal and kept asking me for my credit card. I was at work and kept telling me to send me the information by email or phone for me to evaluate but he did not listen. I had to hand up. Three days later, I got a call from another sales person who claimed to be an underwriter from StopRepairShop.com and said that the actual insurer company is American Auto Sheild. When I asked him how come the underwriter is not from the insurer, he changed his position as a customer service rep. He offered me a lower price than what was offered a few days ago and insisted that the price was valid only if I gave him my credit card info over the phone. I told him that I am not comfortable in providing that info on an incoming call and that I will call him back... he kept pushing me to provide the credit card number until I got totally annoyed and hung up. I am not sure if this is a scam, but something seems fishy. I am still shopping around but please beware of these guys.

• Dc
      2nd of May, 2012
    Stop Repair Bills - Wont Pay
    Stop Repair Bills
    Decatur
    Illinois

I bought the plan 3 years ago and paid approximately 2300.00. never needed it till today. called them up and low and behold the ONLY thing not covered is the fuel system whis is fuel pump and thats what i need. if you look on theyre website it shows it covered but its not according to them. Dont buy this product

• Gr
      18th of May, 2013

I have had product for about 3 years paid them they won't cover anything. I have engine problems, that's not covered, knock sensor, that's not covered, transmission problems, and that's not covered. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT it is a ripoff. They cover so call certain parts and thats it. Its so bad I don't bother to call them. I wish I could get my money back.