StockPhotoPortal.com / Scam charges!

Phone: 541-359-4844

I noticed a charge on my credit card from this company for just under $10. Neither of the 2 people on this card's account have ever heard of the company, so I contacted both the company in question and my credit card company. Due to some unprofessional business practices and odd circumstances surrounding this entire situation I have made contact with a few other organizations that I am hoping will help me to resolve this issue.

I will keep this report updated as more information comes in within the next few days.

Va

Comments

20th of Apr, 2008

my debit card was also debited by the same company ( StockPhotoPortal.com) for under $10 as well. The period was the 14 April 2008. This website is hosted by godaddy.com under a private domain.

• De
      1st of May, 2008

I, too, noticed a charge on my credit card from this company. A phone call elicited a recording that the call could not be completed as dialed. I have reported it to my credit card company.

2nd of May, 2008

The same thing has happened to me - a charge for 9.87 on 4/29/08. I tried to call the phone number 541-359-4844 but it does not work. I went to my bank and was told it was set up as a montlhy fee to be deducted every month!! I canceled my debit card and will have to fight the charges.

• Si
      2nd of May, 2008

Here is another one. Just got my cc statement and saw this charge for $9.87 on 3/29 that I have not made. My cc company told us to investigate the charge and try to call the company but the phone # is out of order. Also saw another charge from Wisee Goods for $2.95. Does anybody know what this is one?

• Da
      3rd of May, 2008

I did the same thing as Deborah. It's a scam!

• Ed
      4th of May, 2008

I've also received a charge of $9.87 on April 24th, however my statement said it was from webtemplatesportal.com. I went to the site and tried to call their number, of course it wasn't available. So I googled the number and found this site. Also the contact info of stockphotoportal.com and webtemplatesportal.com are the same.

I called my credit card company, they refunded the amount and closed the account. I hope this is the end of it.

Is there any new info out there about this scam?

• J
      6th of May, 2008

They did the same to me on 5/3/08. Same charge as above. Contacted godaddy about them since they apparently host the site as the comment says above. Had to cancel my visa check card.

• Iw
      7th of May, 2008

I was debited by this co also and I never heard of them!

• Ll

It happened to me too.

• Br
      7th of May, 2008

I was contacted by Wells Fargo today saying they suspended my account because of a charge of 9.87 that appeared on my account back in late Feb. 2008. The Wells Fargo CSR said that they thought it was a suspicious charge because there were multiple attempts at the 3 digit code on the back of the card.

• Ru
      8th of May, 2008

Found this complaint board by googling stockphotoportal.com. Same $9.87 charge, but to the credit card of the business where I work as bookkeeper. I will definitely be disputing this charge. Thank you all.

• Br
      8th of May, 2008

This happened to me as well, I emailed godaddy abuse and bankofamerica abuse. The message says to go to their web site and fill out a support request, but their site is a total placeholder, this is a total scam.

• Kr
      9th of May, 2008

I also had the charge appear on my credit card statement and an identical charge appeared on my debit card statement under the name THE PHOTO CENTRAL. When you call that number you get the same recording as stockphotoportal.com. I have of course changed my number to both cards but am very upset that someone will get away with this because most banks will write it off because it is a small charge and it probably will not be pursued.

• Ge
      10th of May, 2008

I saw this $9.87 charge on my cc and couldn't verify what this is for. Therefore, I agree this might be a scam as others have indicated. In calling the company they say operators are busy and to go to the website. My firewall blocks opening this website as a potential fraud.

• T
      13th of May, 2008

I too am a victim of this. My questions is how did these people get all of our credit card information? Does any one know who these people are? I have contacted www.IC3.gov to report this scam. My cc wasn't as nice as all of yours. My cc said it didn't matter if I changed numbers or not because as of now, this is a reoccurring charge on my cc. I will have to fight this every month. If this is the case, we are closing out the account and will no longer do business with this CC.

• Wi
      19th of May, 2008

Got a charge on my cc for $9.87 from stockphotoportal.com. Did not know what this was so tried to call them. Got a message all lines are busy call back in 30 minutes. Looked up on website and found this site with complaints similar to mine. Notified my cc and they are removing charges, canceling card and reissuing a new one.

21st of May, 2008

I just checked my statement on-line and found a charge for $9.87 from a photocentral.com that no one in the family knew about. The charge was made on May 19th and posted on the 20th. My credit card company gave me a phone number to follow-up (901-313-8292). When I called the number it referred me to their web site, which was bogus. When I called my credit card company back and told them, they immediately canceled my card and are crediting my account the amount in question. Having to cancel the card is a huge inconvenience, but I guess I have no choice. I, too, wonder how they got my number. Thankfully mine was not a recurring charge.

• Cl
      22nd of May, 2008

Same here! $9.87 in march. The email on the bottom of the website has nothing to do with these rip-offs. Message on the phone # on my statement refers to www.stockphotoportal.com, but the website has nothing to do with subscriptions (which is what my CC company said it was), and the return email said it was the 13th complaint they had. Who are these people??

• Do
      24th of May, 2008

I got two charges as well. One from photocentral.com and the other from imageparadise.com. Both charges were under 10 dollers like everyone else. I can't believe it...

• Df
      24th of May, 2008

Ditto for me on 4/16/08, a $9.87 charge from WEBTEMPLATESPORTAL.COM. Never heard of them before. Same CC statement had a $4.95 charge dated 4/24 from CLEAR RIVER LLC. Never had any dealing with them either. Interesting that both "merchants" show OR as their state in the transaction description.