Steve's Blinds / Pressure to buy tactics

I was looking for panel blinds and found Steve's Blinds website. I found the style I was looking to buy and all over the website it was indicated that a price increase would take affect in two days. I felt pressured to buy before the increase even though I was really not looking to buy that day--I didn't even have time to order samples. After I placed the order, the price of the blinds never increased. Instead they continued to drop in price for the 30 days it took me to receive my order. Even though the price continued to drop the website continued to urge a purchase stating the prices would go up in the following days--the date kept changing further out. I contacted their customer service department and was given a "canned response" about no control over manufacturer's prices. The website states they have a "lifetime" low price guarantee, but it appears that it does not apply to any prices on their own site. Almost every store out there, online or brick and mortar, offer a price adjustment if the price drops within 30 days of purchase. I hadn't even received my order when the prices dropped even though the information on the website stated the blinds would be shipped in 3 to 5 days. It took 4 weeks to receive the complete product.

More Steve's Blinds Complaints & Reviews

Comments

26th of Jun, 2010
    Steve's Blinds - Damaged merchadished
    Stev's blinds and wallpaper
    Florida

When I recieved my order it arrived damaged. I immediately contacted Steve's blinds and was instructed to take pictures of the blinds and e-mail them to customer services. I forwarded the pictures and was told I would receive the replacement blinds. that was on April 27, 2010. As of todays date I have not received anything. everytime I contacted the company I was told the manufacturers were behind and I would receive my order in 48 hours. I finally gave upn the replacement blinds and demanded my money back to no avail. Steve's Blinds is a fraud and does not stand behind their products. Please do not order from Steve's blinds.

Sabrina J. Lewis

• St
      26th of Apr, 2012

Dear Audrey,

Please accept my sincerest apologies. If you could please forward your order information I will be more than happy to look into this for you. Steve's Blinds & Wallpaper does have a Lifetime Lowest Price Guarantee and if we ever advertise the identical item for less or find the identical item for less elsewhere and we can verify it we will beat that price as long as it does not cause us to go below our cost. If you forward your order information and we are indeed selling the blinds for less now we will be more than happy to refund the difference. Best Regards, Steve Katzman, President