Steven Sears - Tax & Financial Advisors Inc. / Very poor treatment!

Monday, 9/18/06 I visited this office seeking help with a tax issue and to have my questions answered.

Much to my disappointment that day Mr. Sears was not able to make time to answer the questions I had regarding my tax issues. He spent approximately ten minutes of his time with me asking me a couple of questions, left the office area never to be seen again.

I did receive a message left on my voice mail advising me that his review of the tax return was indeed correct. I did not request that the tax preparation be verified. My understanding was that he would “review” my information and contact me. I was expecting to be able to speak with him and ask any questions after his “review” of my data. I was completely stunned by the behavior demonstrated by Mr. Sears.

With that said he should have deferred me to someone besides himself capable of helping me. Instead he took of advantage of me, and took my hard earned money without rendering any services. My many unreturned phone calls further acknowledges his blatant lack of attention to render any help to me which has greatly distressed and upset me. I still haven’t received help with the tax issues and in addition have had my money taken.

I was told by his receptionist that his fee was $250.00 per hour for the consultation.

I paid the receptionist (intensely requesting the money) upon arrival in his office before seeing the lawyer.

My thought was that I was having a consultation with a lawyer knowledgeable of tax matters (as advertised in the newspaper “tax specialist”) which I now consider to be questionable.

In good faith I waited for his return call, enabling me to get the “consultation” I had paid $250.00 for.

I think of this unpleasant occasion daily and don’t know where to turn and get help without experiencing the same or worse treatment.

One area he didn’t disregard was how quickly my check could get to the bank to be deposited.

Connie

Mission Viejo, California

Comments

10th of Nov, 2008

I had a very good experience with this business. The employees were very helpfull and responsive to my needs. I would purchase their products in the future. I was refered by my friend who also was very pleased.

• Ra
      15th of Apr, 2010

Anguilla is an island located in the eastern Caribbean approximately 500 miles east of Puerto Rico near Antigua and Barbuda. Like many of the idealic islands of the Caribbean, Anguilla has a year round warm climate with beautiful white sand beaches. There is an abundance of year round outdoor activities including: skiing, para-sailing, swimming, wind surfing, golf and much more. The water temperature averages 80 degrees year round.
    Since the seventeenth century Anguilla has been a British dependent territory, considered a Crown colony. Therefore, Britain is responsible for its defense and foreign affairs. It is a stable country presided over by a British Governor, and its legal system is based on English Common Law with some local changes.