Sterlingplacement.com / This is a horrible unethical company that lies to and preys on the desperate unemployed just to make a few bucks

Sterling Placement advertises positions on Craigslist (or at least that's how I found them). They then instruct you to go to their website, fill out some info about yourself & schedule a phone interview from their company. Well.. I did all that & scheduled the interview for the following day (16 September 2010 at 2:30PM). They never called. After some research, I found that they seem to be a phishing scheme where they sell your info to Jobnab.com.

Sure enough, I ended up on the mailing list from Jobnab.com and I have NEVER been on that website. The Craigslist position I original found posted by Sterling Placement was flagged for removal when I went back to check. This is a horrible unethical company that lies to and preys on the desperate unemployed just to make a few bucks by selling personal information under false pretense. HORRIBLE company!!

Sa

Comments

• Br
      11th of Dec, 2010

My experience with Sterling Placement, was they asked for your education and if your interested in going back to school. When I recieved a call from them they were persisted about me going to college. Stateing a large percentage of employeres are only hiring people who have graduated from college with at least a college degree. I believe they I may be recieving a kick back for refering people to online college programs. My other experience was in similiar to Sarat, in the above comment. Now I continue to receive emails from job nab. I believe job nab is a rip off. I have magicjack as my landline phone. When I tried to call the number listed in the email I recieved from job nab for an online job with them, a recording told me I was unable to use magicjack to make this call. Right a way I knew something was not right. I use magicjack to call anywhere. I used my cell phone to call the phone number in my email and was sent to some sort of prerecorded message about going online and making money. This message was as if I had gotten on part of a hoorah meeting or something.
    So, I too believe that job nab and Sterling placement are scams.
    This is pretty sad, companies like them preying on people that are trying to find work. These companies get your hopes up with their ads. Stating all you need is an GED to get a job. I wish someone could shut these companies down!!!

30th of Dec, 2010

I agree, as I have never even heard about a single job I applied to. However, the ad does make it clear that YOU are supposed to call THEM at that time, and I did, and it seemed like a legit prw-screening (I am an expert at those). But they suck. I never heard from JobNab though.

• Ke
      3rd of Jan, 2011

I responded to an ad at a jobs website and filed out the application and submitted my resume as directed. At my call appointment time I called and heard, in the background, what sounded like a call center. The operator I spoke to obviously did not speak English as a first language. After answering questions that I had already answered on their web page, I was asked several questions about going back to school. The operator wanted me to talk to one of their "educational experts." I do not believe there ever was a job behind the advertisement. I now believe this is a scam, and I will contact the job web page and let them know about this.

• Ev
      19th of Apr, 2011

We need to report this company to the FTC, they are coming down on companies pulling scams. Go to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/ and file a complaint. I know it takes time, but it's the only way we can shut these companies from taking advantage of people seeking employment

6th of Jun, 2012

I too did the phone interview where I was "directed" to an educational counselor, which never came on the line. I never received my email with my username and password, instead now I have all these people calling me about going back to school!!! Such a waste of time! Scam, scam, scam!!!