Sterling & King / Awful company

1 500 State Road 436 Ste 2074Casselberry, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-339-9033

I am a State employee, I was at work when a man named Micheal Martin called from the company of Sterling & King. This man began yelling at me and saying he knew people and was going to get me fired. I stated to him that he cannot be calling my place of employment, he then stated, ' you will be eating crow next week!'. He was very rude, vulgar and made several threats to me and about people I knew. I was traumatized. I made contact with the Better Business Bureau, the State Attorney and have joined a legal team to stop this company from harassing, embarrassing and breaking the law to get what they want.

Va

Comments

• Ph
      23rd of Nov, 2008

i have had a simular expereance sterling and king they called my mother claiming to represent the county and told her it will be turned over to the sherriffs dept if they didn't hear from me by the end of the day. i was contated by sarah davis she started cursing me calling me a piece of ### that does not pay my bills and threatened to have my drivers licence taken. nov 19 mike martin called me telling me they put a lein on my home and was going to take it. this was a matter resolved in court and was paid through the court. mike told me i payed the court but the court did not pay debtor, and i had to pay them. i told them over and over that it is court record showed a satisfaction of judgment. they refused to check. these people need to be put out of business.

19th of May, 2010
    Sterling & King - In-Humane Law Breakers
    Sterling & King
    California

I got a call from a "John" from Sterling & King. He called at work and threatened to have our receptionist arrested if she did not connect him to me! I was not even in the office!! He was so rude to her, she was in tears and did not know what to do. I feel bad that he was calling for me and he put her through that. These people are vicious! Does anyone have any class-action suits going?? I would love to jump on one involving these people. I have read tons of compaints and they obviously dont care that they are VIOLATING the LAW! They CANNOT threaten you or anyone answering the phone for that matter. If these people call you, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR SCARE TACTICS! They are LYING TO YOU. I realize that in my case, they are calling to collect a legitamate debt that I owe, but they are not getting one red cent out of me like this. My credit is already so horrible there is not much they can do to it, so I say a big FU to them!! I also find it particularly amusing that they have such a professional website going for potential clients...maybe we should start our own Sterling & King website and fill it with complaints!!

• Li
      25th of May, 2010

Have you considered paying your bills? Granted, the company is breaking laws left and right, but you can't really get as indignant knowing you legitimately owe money. Having said that, know your rights - look up the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, then do the following:

1. Get a recording device and put the next conversation on speaker.
    2. Before they start their tirade, ask if you can record the conversation (required if your state requires it, otherwise, record away).
    3. Have them start from the beginning, say what they need to say, and you ask what you should ask (you should know the FDCPA to know what to ask for).
    4. Count the violations.
    5. Profit - it's $1, 000 per infraction, so they have now paid you for your time.

They have a right to collect the debt just as you have a right to be treated with respect, but perpetuating the bad credit cycle by refusing to pay hurts no one but you.