Stereo City / Money stealing company

United States Review updated:

Stereo City charged me almost $2K for rims that I never received. They then provided false documentation to the bank to ensure keeping my money. On 5/31/08, Stereo City charged my $1, 700.00 for rims & tires, promising to have them to me by the next day. My rims did not come in that day, so they promised that they would be in by the next day. They still did not come in that day either. This continued for about a week until I requested a refund. Stereo City refused to give me a refund and I advised them that I would be taking them to court since they refused to give me what I had already been charged for.

I contacted my bank and had the fee's reversed since I had not received the merchandise that I paid for. Stereo City was contacted by my bank and stereo City provide false documentation to them saying that I had received everything and walked away “very pleased with his purchase" and even asked the bank if they should file a police report.

The bank could not do anything further, so now I am being forced to file a civil suit with the San Bernardino Courts. I would file a Small Claims suit, but then I would not be able to have a lawyer present and I want to be sure that I win this. Even if that consist of me having to pay more out of my pocket. That $1, 700.00 will now go to a lawyer, but as long as Stereo City doesn't have it, I will be satisfied. I plan on spending all of the money that I have to, to ensure that this company learn it's lesson, so that they do not do this to some one else less capable of defending themselves.

At this point, I am not sure that I even want my money back from Stereo City. I am more concerned about taking them to court and having them persecuted for submitting the false documentation to my bank and making the public aware of how dirty this company is. All the money that comes from this can go to my lawyer. It's not about the $1, 700.00 anymore.

The rims were out of a magazine that I could have bought from any shop.
Va

Comments

Da
  13th of Jan, 2012

Stereo City - Stay away from these place
Stereo City

They installed a stereo in my Grand Prix. Somehow during the installation they either blew out or pulled a wire out of my odometer/car information display. This is the display that shows mileage as well as low gas, hot engine, etc alerts. I've returned 4 TIMES and spent HOURS while they tried to figure out what the hell they did. Now that they can't figure it out they are telling me I'm on my own. I'll see them in court, but they'll probably be out of business by then.