Ster-Kinekor / movie tickets does not print at self-service terminal

George, South Africa Review updated:

On Saturday, 14 April 2018, I brought 2 tickets for Peter Rabbit at the self-service terminal. The transaction went through and I received a "approve" receipt for payment but my tickets did not print. I had to wait in another queue to explain the situation. I had to gave my bank card, the transaction did not show on their system. They did not accept my approved payment slip and I had to buy another two tickets, though my seats next to my family, shown as if it was booked and were not available on the system. To summarise; the system took the money, the system book the seats next to my family, the system could just not print the tickets. On another day I had to go back stand in the queue with all my slips, explain the story again and show them on my cell phone that the transaction did went through. Only after they heard the long explanation they told me, they want a print out of my bank statement. Now I have to go to stand in a queue for a bank statement. When I return, I stand in a queue again and everybody was waiting for somebody. The somebody was Sive Zinkuku who went to buy himself a snack. When it was my turn, I had to wait again for a person from the office. I had to give my bank card again, explain the whole story again and then still she want to know if I don't rather want to purchase another ticket and do I really want my cash? Then she had to go to the office again and only then she gave me my cash. This whole process took me 30 minutes. This is totally unacceptable. The one cine has only one door and the bright light shine into the cinema, it's disturbing. The one female toilet door cannot lock. Only some of the self-service terminals are in a working condition. Then you must still looked for somebody to replace the paper in order that the tickets can print. I just love watching movies on the big screen but I it's a real frustration the service you get at the cinema!!! I wish I could never come back, but it's the only cinema in our region.

Ma
Apr 19, 2018

Comments

• Mo
      May 03, 2018

The exact same thing happened to me on Monday 30th April 2018 too ... Did you ever recive your refund?

• Mo
      May 03, 2018

Clearly this is happening throughout the whole country ... How dose a company operate with such poor service I am still waiting for my refund after buying two tickets to the new Avengers movie this Monday . The Transaction went through but my tickets or reference did not display after the transaction reflected on my account ..

• Ts
      May 07, 2018

@Moose Mnguni I am also still waiting for my refund, it's been a week now and still no response.