Ster-Kinekor / the patrons at the movie were disturbingly irritating and rude

I went to Sterkinekor Wonderpark on Friday, 8th Jan to watch 2012. The patrons at the movie were disturbingly irritating and rude. I sat next to three guys who kept their phones on during the movie, answered them when they rang and were noisy, loud and simply plain disgusting.

I don't know whose responsibility it is to ensure that this sort of behaviour does not continue but this seems to be the norm at Sterkinekor Wonderpark. I've been to other Sterkinekor theaters and I haven't seen this sort of behaviour at all. Maybe the management at Wonderpark should learn from other theaters how they maintain order.

There's probably nothing you can do about your misbehaving customers but I will never set my foot there again. I regret spending my R400 on movie tickets, snacks and drinks only to go through the ordeal.

Comments

• De
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Sterkinekor - In the middle of the show, there was a terrible noise which seemed to come from behind the screen itself
    Sterkinekor
    sterkinekor.com

On 9 Sept myself and a friend went to the Cresta Ster Kinekor to watch My Life In Ruins. A few of the booking machines were not working and the popcorn was quite stale which wasn't very pleasant but anyhow.

The movie was in Cinema 10 which is the last cinema in the complex.

In the middle of the show, there was a terrible noise which seemed to come from behind the screen itself. It sounded like crockery being dropped. It happened a few more times then suddenly more noise like a dumpster full of bottles being emptied along with shouting and loud talking. I can only assume there is a service passage behind the cinema or a door open to some backyard. It was ridiculous - VERY noisy and disturbing. When we finished the movie, we tried to find staff to complain but no one was around.

Overall, our Cresta SK experience was really unacceptable. The cinemas are dirty, smelly and seem in disrepair. A HUGE contrast from a great experience we had at the Cinema Nouveau at Cedar Square a few days later and at the Irene Mall the previous week. I can barely believe its the same company.