Steinhausen Overnight / Non-receipt of product

1 OK, United States Review updated:

I wish I would have read these other complaints before I placed my order--I just got scammed by this "company." I ordered a watch winder in January and, unfortunately, paid with Paypal. I thought it was odd that Paypal was billed immediately although I received no shipment notification from Steinhausen.

One month later, I emailed the customer service department. They responded with a bleeding-heart sob-story that the CEO was hospitalized and no one else could either refund my money or authorize the shipment. In essence, the last paragraph of their response was, "you may get your winder in 1-3 weeks, and good luck at getting your money back."

In March, I let Paypal know the situation with a claim against steinhausenovernight.com. They contacted the "company" and did not receive a response, so Paypal validated my claim. Unfortunately Steinhausen's prophecy came true, and Paypal said they couldn't recover the money. Paypal also said that they were taking action and were aware of this "company's" reputation. However reassuring, I don't think I'm going to ever get a penny back until I take legal action.

Lessons learned: 1) Steinhausenovernight.com is a scam operation. 2) Never, ever, use Paypal for an on-line purchase unless it is through eBay--you are not guaranteed a safe transaction.

I'm considering opening a class-action lawsuit against the jerk running Steinhausenovernight.com. Who's with me? Send me an email at gil.hanley@gmail.com

Al

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own jewelry discussion group here under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i was reading your complaint and i must say that PAYPAL IS DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK! and another thing if you paid for this WATCH WINDER USING YOUR CREDIT CARD CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND FILE A DISPUTE WITH THEM TO RECOVER YOUR MONEY, YOU NEVER RECEIVED YOUR WATCH WINDER SO WHY PAY FOR IT?

I have sold many watch winders to my online customers and i've never had any RETURNS, nor COMPLAINTS against me filed here, nor any other website.

Should you need my jewelry services or you have any questions for me feel free to contact me here or at my contacts below:

Email: jamesthejeweler@yahoo.com