Steinhausen Overnight / Fraud and scam

Purchased a Popcorn Popper From Steinhausen, and paid via Paypal for the item, as well as shipping when directed, and the total amount was automatically calculated.

Waited several weeks, and began emailing, as I had not received a confirmation of my order. I was already concerned, as I had attempted to contact this company prior to ordering, and the phone numbers listed on the website did not work. The order line did work, but with a recorded message prompting me to leave a message, which I did... several times, over a week. I finally contacted Paypal, and attempted to call the company with the phone number that was listed with them, only this number was disconnected.

Finally when I escalated a claim with Paypal, and swamped Steinhausen with emails, threatening to show up on their doorstep (which I WOULD do), I finally received a single email stating that It was MY fault, as I had not paid enough shipping (I paid the amount that THEIR Shipping Calculator asked for), and giving me hell for escalating the claim with Paypal... oh and also stating that the popcorn machine was no longer in stock.

It all seems pretty crazy.. as they could have contacted me once I ordered to let me know that either I had not paid the proper amount, and/or that the item was not in stock. Why should I have to bury them with emails, only to get a single email many weeks later. POOR COMMUNICATIONS.. and a overall RIP OFF. I only hope that I can get my money back from Paypal. I will also be filing a complaint with the BBB.

Good luck to anyone who considers Steinhausen for a Christmas present!

Va

Comments

• Gl
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I wish I would have read this before ordering from them. I am waiting for a refund for a watchwinder that arrived about 10 days AFTER Christmas and was returned immediately. It is certainly annoying.

• Pl
      4th of Feb, 2009

I ordered a winder from here as well, only to find that Steinhausen Overnight does not carry stock as advertised but has it dropped shipped from the distributor. The "overnight" shipment actually took longer than two weeks from date of payment until arrival. The winder received is not the brand advertised, it's simply a generic made in China box, but works well. Based on how impossible it was to get "Dave Long" to respond prior to delivery, I am better off just to keep it and write it off to experience.

• Fr
      16th of Feb, 2009

Yes, I agree. I got an email that says the CEO is in the hospital and they cannot process my refund unless he comes back. It is irritating because I have emailed them for a refund more than a month ago. I have NEVER received the watch since there was none in stock. I replied immediately for a refund and I've gotten emails that they are away and then a message that says we are away for 3-4 weeks. I want my money back! NOW!

• Pi
      8th of Mar, 2009

I am currently in a situation where I purchased product on December 26th, 2008 - a $129 watch winder. After not having received it for 30 days AND never receiving information regarding my order with the exception of the automated PayPal transaction notification, I contacted Dave Long. Well, a form email regarding delayed orders and a suggestion to substitute to some lesser winder. No thanks. Replied with a request as to when my order would ship. Another reply regarding substitution - to a different model yet. Sent an email requesting refund. Miraculously, at that very moment, he was struck down. The responding email indicated that the CEO had a hospital emergency and would not be available for 1 to 3 weeks (enough time to get them outside of paypal's dispute period) and that no one else at the company can deal with the "bank" except Dave Long. With paypal, all you need is a login and password, but I am an idiot - what do I know. In any case, I still filed a dispute with paypal and am attempting to escalate. Will be contacting BBB in OK and FBI and online fraud sites. This guy should be shut down with all the data that is out there on his poor customer service and in my case no service and NO Product after 60 days. AND, no communication that was not initiated by me.

Weak.

• 18
      24th of Oct, 2016

I returned a watch winder for repair in October 2015. Now it is a year and I have not heard anything from them. The good new is I never paid them directly for the watch winder. The bad news is I bought it from the website GILT. So, between GILT and Steinhausen I was ripped off. The watch winder worked for a few years and was a showcase for my husband's watches. I guess I will just buy a cheap one from Amazon. I can rely upon them.