Stearns & Foster / You will regret the day you bought the mattress!

1 Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

We took delivery of a Stearns & Foster Bond Street King mattress and box springs December of 2005. It was sold to us by Finger Furniture Stores at their Sugar Land, Texas location. This mattress was recommended as the new top of the line set by the salesman. This model was an upgrade from the previous Stearns and Foster we purchased from Fingers that was extremely uncomfortable a short time after we bought it. Fortunately we had a one time exchange if we were not satisfied. The bad part is the new Bond Street model within 6 months started to sag so bad we have to throw are legs out to help pull our body out of the depression in the mattress. Back pain and leg pain from this poorly supported mattress are now so bad we sleep on the couches. They are more comfortable than this $3500.00 bed/mattress. Fingers was notified to see what could be done. They sent a technician out to look at the bed. They replied back by letter they could not warranty the bed because of stains on the mattress. There are no stains on the mattress. We paid extra to get the mattress cover to protect it from stains. I will not shop Fingers again. We now are paying on this expensive bed and can't even sleep on it. I have seen similar reviews with the same problems with the Stearns & Foster products. I would not recommend Stearns and Foster products to anyone. I hope people heed this warning. When you check a mattress pay close attention on how firm the first two feet of the sides are when you sit on the edge. If it is not firm and you notice the sides crunch down you will regret the day you bought the mattress. Honestly if this mattress cost a $1.00 I would not buy it.

Comments

• Lo
      20th of Aug, 2007

I have a Queen size Stearns and Foster box and matress set. Not long after I slept in it I started getting neck pain. It radiated up into back of head. At first I attributed it to TMJ, however after going on vacation and sleeping on my old mattress (10 years old) in my camper I realize it is the mattress. My chest and back sink into it but my head is propped up by my pillow. If I sleep without a pillow it is less intense but I usually find myself looking for the pillow as I move from side to side and wind up using it and getting a sore neck. I am looking to replace it it is only 2 years old. I do rotate it and it is a pillow top. I tried elevating the head to lessen the effect, but it is not enough.