Steam Showers Inc. / Do not buy from them

The steam shower and garden tub seemed like a great idea for our new home. WRONG! The unit came in 500 pieces and the directions were completely useless. There was no real wiring diagram (my unit has shorts that cannot be located so we are unable to plug it in! No help from the company and they do not respond to emails.) The drain (which is supposed to handle the volume of a rain shower) is as big around as a childs thumb! We built a high end home and I thought this would be a nice addition that would be something a little different. Biggest mistake I made on the whole project. Steam Showers Inc. has not been at all helpful in any of these issues AT ALL! I sent my final email 2 months ago with a list of the issues and am now out of warranty. No response what-so-ever! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Fr

More Steam Showers Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

16th of Feb, 2010

I agree 100%, purchased a unit and two months later am still waiting for replacement part, the only people that answer the phone are sales, once you purchase you are on your own. No e-mails returned, no phone calls returned, no certification marks on the units for electrical inspection, had to pay $150 to have a independant certification made so I could get my electrical inpection passed. If you want a unit, buy it somewhere else.

• Sh
      8th of Apr, 2011

I received my unit and it's gorgeous. The installation is a little difficult to understand like Ikea instructions but my contractor assembled just fine. I would have spent a lot more if I did it from scratch. I think people forget about that..No heartaches here...I highly recommend steam showers inc

• Ba
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I purchased the Ariel DZ972F8 Steam Shower for my new home and loved it. Fast secure service loved it!

• Fa
      21st of Aug, 2012

I received my unit about 3 months ago and I love it. I purchased the Ariel Platinum DZ961F8 and am very please with the product this far. The fixtures inside are high quality and I love how the unit produces a lot of steam in a short time frame. The installation was a little difficult, but my contractor spoke to their technical support department that assisted him in getting everything installed perfectly. The price was very fair compared to building a steam shower from scratch and I am very happy with the service and product I received.

• Jb
      11th of Feb, 2013

We have had nothing but problems with Steam Showets Inc.'s product, the Ariel steam shower. Over half of the shower's parts have had to be replaced within 2 years. Moreover, the actual steam unit died after only 3 years. Finally, the glass shower back wall shattered into a million pieces one day hours after its last use. Customer Service is a JOKE. We are under warranty and they will not budge. Our shower is unusable and we are completely frustrated. We filed a complaint with BBB and are at a standstill until the company rights their wrongs. Unsafe, poorly made, waste of money, the worst customer service.

• Tu
      4th of Mar, 2013

Terrible produts and customer service. Rated F by better business bureau..that about says it all!!!

• Cl
      25th of Jun, 2013

Called and.ordered on a Thursday... and it was shipped on Friday.
    My Arial 708 arrived the next week intact and and looking good
    I had no problems with the company and can't wait till its installed.
    Ill keep you informed if something goes bad.

• At
      24th of Jul, 2013

I'm a rep at Steam Showers Inc.Thank you for all the recent good reviews. I think the originally complaint was from a competitor. Please call me directly at 7146221554 if you have any questions or concerns

9th of Feb, 2014

I purchased a unit several years ago when my lower level was remodeled. The product is not the issue. The service is horrific! The complaints regarding lack of return calls, no one answering the phone and no email response is spot on. I was only able to get through one time to someone named "Gary, " who placed an order for my replacement part (side panel). This order was placed back in September 2013. It is now February 2014, and I cannot reach anyone regarding the issue. It's pretty difficult to use the shower without a side panel. For all of you who have not yet experienced an issue that requires contacting the company, consider that a blessing. If that time should ever come, hold on to your boot straps 'cause you are in for the ride of your life!

• Tt
      7th of Jul, 2014

Delivery was quick considering it was going from California to florida. Pieces were extremely heavy and I had to use a hand truck to get in my garage, curbside service. All shower parts were accounted for. My jacuzzi tub was pretty much 1 piece. The complaint I have is that the parts are really cheap. I spent over 5000.00 for a shower and tub, so I expected high quality. No, my shower looks great online, just wait until you feel the product in your hands. Plumber had lots of issues because of the special types of hoses they use. By the way the power lines have no ends on them. You have to go and buy power plugs and splice them together...why? Total cost will exceed 8000.00 when finally complete because of all the extras you have to buy. I give this product 2 out of 5 stars.

• 2b
      5th of Aug, 2014

In 3 years the speakers have quit, the lights have gone out, the faucet leaks and have had to replace the cartridge 2X now looking for a 3rd. Faucet housing cracked and cannot get parts, had to epoxy repair it! AAaarg!

• Km
      5th of Jun, 2015

Ordered a shower and a vanity. Vanity was on back order waited 2 months. Still no vanity. Requested my shower be sent out separately. An additional 400 dollars on top of the 700 I already paid was requested. Canceled order. Waiting for refund. Terrible communication. Poor customer service. Look save yourself the hassle and buy else where. What a waste of time. Booked time of work for the install but that date came and went a month ago... Thanks steam showers inc. how about "don't sell stuff you don't have" and when the invoice is paid shipping and taxes that means... It's paid send it?!? One of my worst online experiences for large ticket items ever. I bought my furnace (alpine) kitchen (kitchens pro) air conditioner (alpine) and never had a problem. These crooks took my money and fell off the map. Buy somewhere else.

• Je
      2nd of Mar, 2016

We had the worst nightmare with this company, who has a false BBB rating. But alas the real Better business bureau does not care so buyer beware !! We never received the proper parts with our unit the Ariel Platinum. The teak wood floor rotted, the back panel shattered just as explained in the other reviews.Thank god no one was in it at the time!! We have had some use with our shower but I would never ever order from this company again in a million years. Now we found out that the actual steam generator has split and is useless just like this company! How they can still be viable is beyond me? You would be so much better off to build your own steam room .

• Be
      27th of Nov, 2016

cheap chinese made crap. i think they are wasauna renamed as my wasauna looks identical to one of their models. the customer service was identical too. the metal parts corroded, temperature valve broke.no plumber wanted to touch it so my husband found parts in england. all other parts cheap plastic and impossible to find. don't waste your money. not worth the headaches.

• Sh
      8th of Dec, 2016

I was a dealer buying from their wholesale company, I set up a showroom in Alberta with 16 models. I did 2 tradeshows with 175, 000 gross sales and over 700, 000 in sales 1st year...what a nightmare in parts issues as well for service. I hired one of their service techs to help build a North American made instruction manual, because the manual is a real weakness, eg...main drain identification is pipe to return water to lakes and rivers. I was forced out of business. Their sales manager and I became great friends, as his attempt to make things right was such a struggle he ended up leaving. He was my rock. I then flew to California and sat down with the owners. These guys are very good with promises just keep the orders coming. I tried my best to tell them give me an English manual and a real service dept.. but alas I flew to China toured 3 factories out of 3000 factories studied. They
    simply talk price, and they just don't care about service. Be carefull, next is certification issues. I ended up with a loss of around 200 large, learned a ton about steam showers, I now know who builds the best pkg. unit, hands down...or build a custom with componants, just make sure your guy knows what he's doing, or you'll wish your purchase was a quality kit. Good steaming...

• Mc
      16th of Dec, 2016

@shower guy So who builds the the pkg. unit, hands down?

13th of Feb, 2017

I purchased Ariel Steam Shower unit model 803-A. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Manual was a farce, made NO sense. Finally found a YouTube video that showed how to put it together. Yes, had to hire an electrician to connect it because the connections are not the normal US kind. It LEAKS everywhere. Had to use several tubes of silicone caulk when a simple rubber gaskets when built would have worked. Now dealing with no light. Can't figure out where/how to find a bulb that is in the rain shower head which cannot be removed.
    DO NOT BUY!!!