Steam Buddy / It doesn't produce steam.

1 Van Nuys, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: ???

Plugged in the unit for the 1st time. The light came on for 20 seconds ((indicating "heating") then went off. Came on after 5 minutes for 20 seconds again but NO STEAM. Water was cold and steam never came out of the holes. Tested the outlet and it's ok. My conclusion is that it is defective.

The phone call to order it was strange and I could not satisfactorily find out any information nor confirmation of what I actually ordered. The voice kept trying to add on extras.

The "shipping" charge was almost as much as the appliance. I don't know how to contact the company by phone. I am very frustrated.

Comments

• Bh
      1st of Dec, 2008

I have tried unsuccessfully to contact Steam Buddy. Hold times exceed 1/2 hour. Problem also is no steam. This is crazy.

14th of Feb, 2009

no steam. the only steam is from my head for letting them get me. it does not work. i think the phone number is 800-353-1102.

• Ro
      1st of Aug, 2009

I just purchased a Steam Buddy from Bed Bath & Beyond. Same story...followed all directions and it won't produce steam. At least I can take it back to the store and not have to deal with Steam Buddy...I'm surprised that BB&B would sell such a piece of junk!!!

• Su
      18th of Aug, 2009

It's a total scam. I've been waiting a month for my account to be credited for the return. I am furious!