Steam Buddy / Scam billing

1 P.O. Box 917Santa Clarita, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-353-1102

I clicked on this offer through e-miles promotion and thought it seemed like a good deal. When I got to the end I realized that the shipping charges were exorbitant and found no place to cancel my order or remove items from the shopping cart. So, I closed the window. I realized today that I was still charged for the item. I also found others in the same boat. I've contacted my credit card company to report the fraud.

Va

Comments

• Ry
      29th of Oct, 2008

I had the same problem and called both my credit card company and the vendor. They "seemed" helpful but claimed they've already shipped it so I'll need to return it upon receipt. I'll update once I know more.

• Je
      29th of Oct, 2008

I just purchased the steam buddy and it does not work. called the company and they will not refund me since I had purchased it from a retailer..even though their owners manual states a 30 day warranty...The person who answered the call told me they are having tons and tons of calls on it...hum...then after probing about the statement he said "oh maybe 2 in the last couple of weeks.. the retailer will not return it so now I am in a battle with steam buddys corporate office...they are aware they have an inferior product and will not stand behind it!

• De
      15th of Nov, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me while ordering thru the e-miles promotion, I didn't want one, but it was too late after two problems with their website (Steam Buddy's), I now have 2 of the pieces of cr*p and didn't want either one of them. Can't reach anyone in order to return it. What a scam this company is!

17th of Nov, 2008

I just sent the product back today with a demanding letter, in which I have also asked for my return shipping charges back.

I notified e-miles and they complained to Steambuddy and have removed them as a vendor (good for them). I will update this post with more information as it comes in.

24th of Nov, 2008

I saw the add on TV and placed order over the phone. I phone was transferred to the automated system and processed by order. They did not clearly mention about such high shipping charge. One top of that, they said they are giving free " Creaser" and again charged additional $5 for such a small crap thing.
    I called the customer service, they were very rude and the guy even told " I should buy such things from store ".. Such a jerk. They are cheating people from shipping and handling charges.

Any way, Guys never buy "steam buddy" or items shown on "Home shopping network"

the

2nd of Dec, 2008

SteamBuddy has now had the product for a week and haven't done anything. When I call I get put on hold with no response. These people ought to be put out of business!

• Wa
      27th of Jan, 2009

I made the mistake of going through the process of ordering twice when i saw they were overcharging for this product, but never hit the confirm button. Needless to say, I was sent two of these worthless pieces of crap. They arrived in the mail today. I already alerted my credit card company of the fraud and have lodged a contest of the charges. This company should be put out of business. They are liars and cheats.

14th of Feb, 2009

i had the same experience. when i saw the charges for shipping, i never confirmed the order and navigated away from the website. i then got a confirmation email. the product was shipped and does not work. there is no phone number on the website for customer service though i found one elsewhere. 800-353-1102. i do not have much hope of resolution. they got me. this company should not only go under, but should be forced to refund our money.

• Br
      29th of Jun, 2009

I received the SteamBuddy as a gift. Read the instuctions, plugged it in etc and ...no steam! I'm giving it back to the 'gifter' in hopes they can at least recoup their money. I called the 1-800 # and just got an automated voice with no helpful info at all. What a piece of junk!