Steak N Shake / paid for gift card - got accussations
My family purchased 2 gift cards for $40 at a local Steak n Shake. The cards were not properly activated by the cashier in the store, which we did not discover until a few months later. The cards were paid for with cash, and we did not keep the register receipt. Rather than try to work with us in ANY way, Steak n Shake has accused us of stealing the cards and making up the entire story to try and get value loaded onto stolen cards for free. They also refuse to try and locate any of their records in regards to the sale, saying that unless we have a copy of the receipt there is nothing that can be done. So Steak n Shake basically just stole $40 and laughed in our face about it. Unless you want to support this kind of behavior and service, eat anywhere but here. I'll never be going back.
More Steak N Shake Complaints & Reviews
- Steak n Shake - Florida - poor service and food 
- Steak 'n Shake - breakfast hours 
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - removal of salt and vinegar fries 
- Steak and Shake - awful service 
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - no jerk burger?!
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - drive up 
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - timing of drive thru. ethics of leadership and team.
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - service and food
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - slow service and missing orders
- Steak 'n Shake Enterprises - cold food/long wait/filthy