STCpostpaid to prepaid conversion process

Name: omais shameem syed
Mobile: [protected]
Id: [protected]

Today I returned from what has been my 9th visit from stc (riyadh, hay al rabwa) office; feeling hugely disappointed and frustrated all over again.

I first visited stc rabwah office on 17th of april to downgrade my postpaid plan to prepaid (sawa). the executive asked me to pay the outstanding bill which was 195 sar. I paid the amount. I was then informed that there is some system error and I have to come back the next day to complete my request.

I came the next day. the system problem was not resolved. I was asked to come after 2 days. when I visited them again I was informed, they need management approval in the system for my changes to reflect. they advised me to come after 2-3 days. better to come on sunday 21st of april.

When I visited them on sunday, I was again informed that they system is still not ready and I have to come after a couple of days. the same reason was presented to me each time I request for transfer of my service from postpaid to prepaid.

Taking pity of my regular appearance, an executive there named mr. khaled (alharbi?) asked me to hand over my business card and mobile number to him. once the system is functional he assured to call me back. I waited for over a week for his call. dejected with the lack of response, I visited their office the 8th time on 7th of may.

On 7th of may, I was surprised to find another bill of 268 sar waiting for me. I objected to it. why should I pay for deficiency in stc system? in which universe will it be fair to rip customers for companies system fault!

I was then asked to talk with the supervisor. the person was rude and forced me to either pay the new bill or else leave the premises. if I didn't pay this amount, they cannot proceed with my request of converting postpaid to prepaid. he further gave me a word that once I pay the new bill my service request will be completed within an hour.

I had no reason but to pay my hard earned money for stc's inefficient system and customer grievance management. I paid the new bill of 268 sar on may 7th. I waited for an hour. I was informed that sometimes this request may take more time better to call customer service.

I called 900, they asked me to wait for 24 hours.
I waited for 24 hours and called again, they said to wait for another 24 hours.
I waited another 24 hours, they asked me to go to stc office again.

Today for the 9th time, I visited stc office. and guess what they have to say? yes, that correct; their "system is down" for the love of god, why can't stc repair their inefficient system.

I feel helpless and totally frustrated with this service.
This mobile number of mine is used on all my business correspondence; all my customers call me on this number. moreover, the banks, government portals, etc.. have this number of mine in their database. I cannot afford to lose this number, nor can I afford to pay exorbitant bills without usage.

Stc, if you are reading this... please train people so they can resolve your customer's basic problem. teach them humility and work ethics. shouting on customers for the fault of your system will destroy your image.

I don't want to pay another bill for stc's sluggish customer management and systems. help me find a solution. I am hugely disappointed and exhaustively tired of reaching out to your offices and executives.

Please help.

Regards
Omais
[protected]

Om
May 10, 2017

Comments

• St
      Feb 08, 2018

STC, Mobily and Zain... Not one of them is capable of providing decent service yet on a global scale, their prices are amongst the highest in the world. At best you can make mobile phone calls which is technology most countries had in the 70's and 80's. Customer service is a joke. Speak to 3 people and get 3 completely different answers so clearly all lies and the reality is... what can you do when all 3 are as bad as each other! STC has to be by far the worst though, the 900 service is completely useless and just spins you round in a maze of recorded messages before just cutting you off.

And they call this 'PROGRESS'!

• Az
      Jun 02, 2018

About three four months before, one of STC customer service lady gave me a call repeatedly to introducing a new package in post paid service packages. First I rejected the offer. The third day I received another phone call from the same centre though this time around it was in Arabic, and I asked her to channel me in the English service, she did it right away. Then I accepted the conversion as a trial for a month thinking that I could switch it any time I want.However; It has been now about two month since I contacted the office in person but not yet swiched to prepaid. It is a very bad service, and quite below THE STANDARED. The fourth month bill has already been issued recently which is costily and unjust. Thus, STC SHOULD fix such silly system failure which custemers pay the price for a faulty malfunctioned service.
    Abdulaziz Hassen.