STC 4G / consistent connection drop, broken 4g

1 Khobar, Saudi Arabia Review updated:

I have been with STC for 2.5 years with acceptable service. For entire contract duration I have had 4G sim card data unlimited plan. Starting early May 2015 I have not been able to connect with 4G on STC anywhere in Eastern Province (Jubail, Al Hasa, Khobar, Dammam) or in Riyadh. The only connections that can be made are to 3G (or HSPA on phone). Connections to 3G last only 2 to 10 minutes and consistently drop off for periods up to 1 to 2 minutes. I have tried connecting through multiple routers and multiple smart phones with same results throughout. This issue has been raised with STC call center multiple times as well as raised complaint ticket with the STC live chat; in both forums the answers to the concerns and status are always the same: "The problem will be fixed in a couple of hours". Needless to say the bad connection still remains a problem with no solution in sight.
To make matters worse I received a bill this month for the full amount even though I have only been receiving less than half service for 3 weeks of the month..
Has anyone else been facing this issue? Any ideas of what is causing the connection problems? Any one have a solution that worked for them?
-Al

Sa
Jun 6, 2015
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Li
      23rd of Jun, 2015