Staywhites, Cleanwhites, Smilewhite / Fraud and Deceptive business practices

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I applied online 25JAN10 for a "Free No-Risk" Trial sample from "SmilewhitesPro" which also guises itself as Smilewhites, Staywhites and Cleanwhites all having the same address in Miami Florida. My application for the trial was made after seeing a supposed testimonial by a St. Augustine, Florida lady who used two products, etc. I only received one sample along with an Order Receipt that claimed I joined a "Delivery Rewards Program" that would automatically charge my credit card $120.00 for an annual membership fee plus a $7.95 monthly charge if I did not cancel by 10FEB10. This receipt said the charges would be appear as "2co.com SmilePro.
I sent an email cancellation on 02FEB10 to which they replied I had to return the sample or if I did not I would be charged $54.95. On 08FEB10 an unauthorized charge was made to my credit card for $87.47 by an unidentifiable supplier that the credit card company believes is this company. I had the charge reversed and the card cancelled. Now because they are seemingly based in Florida where I live, I am preparing a submission to the Florida States Attorney General. Since I suffered no damages I need to contact and have others who have been victims come forward. My email address is [protected]@csi.com.

Comments

• Tn
      9th of Feb, 2010

What number did you call to cancel? I am having the same problem and have had eight seaprate charges to my bank account under various different company names.

• Lo
      24th of Feb, 2010

The number says it isn't even a working number. This is a huge scam!!!

• Di
      25th of Feb, 2010

I want to register a complaint as well. I order a sample from [protected]@staywhites.com in January. When I received the sample, I was surprised to see that they intended to continue sending me the product and that I had joined a club of sorts. I immediately called and cancelled my subscription. I received an email indicating that my subscription had been cancelled and I would no longer receive products. However, two weeks later, my bank statement indicated that this same company had taken $76.97 out of my account. I have corresponded with them numerous times over the past month. I always receive another email stating that they would have their representative look into the matter within 24-48 hours. Well, several of those hours have passed in the past month. I really need that refund and am disappointed in myself for getting caught up in the scam. My teeth are not whiter and I am very distressed. I don't understand how people like this can trick other people. I won't stop until I have that money back because I am retired and on a very strict budget. Thank you for listening and if there is anything you can do, I would appreciate the help. Elaine Smith

• Di
      25th of Feb, 2010

I am depending on you to help stop these types of scams. Thank you.

28th of Feb, 2010

Same thing happened to me, Angela Monsell in New York, but they are trying to get $149.95 off my credit card, which is a prepaid card an don't have that kind of money on it as I am also struggling and cancelled by phone and by email, but they tried to get it out of my account again. Will call my prepaid card company (Greendot) and tell them not to allow these people access to my account. Hope you succeed James Johnson with the Florida States Attorney General.

Thanks in advance.