Station Casinos / Awful experience

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:

I worked for station casinos in 2006. The 'probation' time was 90 days. On the 89th day of my employment, I was phoned by my supervisor and he asked me to come into the Station casino (Red Rock) I was based. I worked at several of their properties and was treated fairly at some and treated very poorly at others.

I was an 'entertainment technician, ' doing setups for outdoor concerts. I worked my tail off getting ready for Red Rock's grand opening in April of '06. With the exception of my supervisor, I was virtually ignored by other 'Team Members, ' finding them unfriendly and totally lacking in humor and helpfulness.

I was laid of on the 89th day. On the 90th day, I would have been permanently hired. The reasons for my layoff were extremely vague. the supervisor said that I did a great job, but was lacking in one area of wireless monitor systems. At no time during my employment, was I offered anything but a manual for the mixer (Yamaha DM 2000), where a brief tutorial, without interruptions would have done the trick. However, a 'cutthroat attitude' existed and, literally, some of the other techs hardly ever talked to me and I was treated as an outcast from day 1.

I was harassed at other Station Casino properties, where they would send me to fill in. I was given no chance to demonstrate my skills and, despite what I was told during orientation, there was nobody who would help me. The entertainment directors (higher ups) treated me as an inferior person. I have never had problems in the workplace, yet trouble found me at each turn, with the exception of Texas Station, where I was treated with respect.

During orientation, we were advised to stair clear of union organizers. As I was laid off, I understood why. They want no protection for their employees. I used to frequent the Santa Fe (before Stations took it over). It was a friendly atmosphere and I spent time at the bar on several occassions, talking with the owner, Mr. Lowden, who is a first-class person.

When Stations took over the Santa Fe, they changed the payout, glitzed the place up and, essentially ruined a great local atmosphere. They will take every last cent from a gambler, something that Mr. Lowden would never allow to happen. I believe (I have no proof), that their player's club cards actually trigger CD Roms, making it impossible to ever win at an electronic machine. In the Lowden days, they offered $2 blackjack...no more...$5 minimum.

The staff is uncaring (with the exception of a few 'oldtimers' who stayed on after the switch). It's not difficult to see how the greed of the Stations' owners ended the company in bankruptcy. They have legally stolen from the locals. Finally, the sign at the Fiesta ('Royal Flush Capital of the World') was taken down, because it simply was not true.

A decade ago, local vegas casinos made sure that the locals were not fleeced and a regular was treated with kindness and respect. ever since the beancounters took over, all semblance of fairness is gone. All they want is your money and they treat their employees like crap. this has happened all over Vegas and makes one wish for the atmosphere of the '90s. It's not surprising that business is way down, and the further it sinkis, the more the casinos program their machines to pay out less. This is a fact.

More Station Casinos Complaints & Reviews

Comments

2nd of Apr, 2011

I came in to visit Boulder's new Grande Cafe, which opened recently. I was told by management to come in and enjoy the NEW experience. "This is not the OLD cafe", I was told. They were right - Its WORSE!!! The food took over 40 minutes for 2 sandwhiches. Its was not terribly busy, but busy enough for the server to be occupied with her other tables. I needed a refill of soda and noticed about 3 buspersons rambling around with empy trays, not one lifting a finger to help their server. I finally flagged one down and asked them for a refil. Instead of getting a refill the busperson replied, " I'll let your server know when she comes around''. In that time . the busser could have walked over and gotten a refill themselves.I was later informed that that was the new policy, that the bussers could not get refill, drink order, even so much as a to go box for the customer!! I guess they weren't suppose to interact with us at all. Hows that for customer service - WE LOVE LOCALS!! My point is that if the busser is on the payroll, why not utilize their time where needed and atleast get your money's worth instead of having them just stand around waiting for a table to finish just to wipe the table. Hell, you could pay a monkey to do that in bananas!

• Se
      24th of Mar, 2013

Station casinos since they came out of bankruptcy have been changing the pay outs on their machines. They are taking every penny from players especially locals. I do not recommend anyone playing for 3 times the points because it simply isn't worth it! My wife and I became presidents and now the casino has removed roll over points and status has been thrown out the window. My other family members were chairmen and they see what is happening. The casino is going to lose locals for good because of this bad move to tighten machines and take money from us without a chance to play. It is a sad day in Las Vegas when the Nevada gaming board never does anything about it.

• Tr
      8th of May, 2013

Station Casinos are thieves and treat locals bad!

23rd of Jun, 2013

Station Casino's Properties are some of the worst in Las Vegas. They steal daily from locals and even recently got approved to steal from people online. The new players card and point system is not good at all. In fact it is a complete scam because they give multipliers so that you are drawn in to play all your money for less than 5% of what you put into a machine. They even give free buffets on Monday's or Tuesday's for President and Chairman so that they too can come in and pay 10 times for the not so free buffets!

Locals need to wake up to what Frank J. Fertitta III (CEO) of Station Casino's is doing here. The greed is so thick that if they didn't learn from the last bankruptcy filing they will be doing it once again. Many President's and Chairman are leaving the Station's because the roll over points were taken away and the machines are horrible in paying out. Recently they added more Buffalo machines because they became popular among players and since they new that information, what did they do??? They tighten those so tight that you could hear a mouse in the background instead of a bonus round.

My advice is to stay away from Station Casino Properties and find a casino which is by itself or only a few. I can't tell you which is the best because all casino's have faults but I do know for sure that Station Casino's are crooks! As a former Chairman, I hope others learn from what I did research on over the last three years. I lost a lot of money doing this but in hopes that it can keep people from going broke over the greed of this company...

24th of Jun, 2013

Station Casino's are thieves and the owners deserved to be locked up! The gaming board should investigate the casino company!

• To
      5th of Jul, 2013

Station Casinos steal from locals bottom line!

27th of Jul, 2013

Station Casinos swipe and win is a complete scam! They only give you drawings or $5 dining vouchers. Occasionally they give 1000 points or buffet but who cares! They tighten their machines up so bad that we went to the strip to play and actually won. Sunset Station, Green Valley and all Wildfires are some of the worst properties around.

13th of Aug, 2013
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

ima Chairman card holder too my casino host cant give me comps she told me her boss at Red Rock said they are goin public with stock soon so everythins tight the swipe and win is only for the high rollers with a lotta entries the host put in fer them

• Sl
      22nd of Aug, 2013

Station casinos are a complete scam!!!

• Sl
      22nd of Aug, 2013

Here is the deal with Station Casinos. They are trying to draw in more and more penny players with swipe and wins so that they can steal from them legally. Here are some of the casinos stealing daily from players especially chairmen and president players, the list is long: Green Valley Ranch (GVR), Sunset Station, Fiesta Henderson, Boulder Station, Palace Station and all Wildfires. Players are figuring them out now and if you notice when you walk into the casino that the machines are about 80% vacant of players except on drawing nights which is when the suckers run in masses to listen for their numbers to be called.

The truth is that your number will not likely be called if you aren't a chairman with over 400, 000 points. The casino hosts don't ever return calls and they never comp anymore. Card status means nothing at any Station property these days. I hope all locals get some insight from this and call the bluff of the casino because without all of us they fail and Station Casino's learned that from the last bankruptcy which will more than likely happen once again!

22nd of Aug, 2013

Station Casino's ring in suckers on the drawing nights which is sad! They steal from locals daily!

• Kr
      29th of Aug, 2013

Here are some places to avoid playing: Sunset Station, Green Valley Ranch (GVR), Palace Station, Fiesta Henderson and all Wildfires. They continue to take away players benefits especially if your a Chairman or President. You can't even use your points for concessions at any of the movie theaters on their properties. They have taken away so many perks that it no longer pays to have status at any of their properties. They should be ashamed of themselves!

4th of Sep, 2013

i wuz talkin to a cocktail waitrss at tha rock she tol me they been firin peeps and layin off an puttin em onna extra on call so they dont haveta pay any benefits! plus she tol me the bossez r eatin and drinkin it up gettin comps from host bossz dey r cheatin usin gamblerz comps fer demselvz

• Se
      11th of Sep, 2013

A Message to Las Vegas LOCALS! Stay away from all Station Casino properties! They are thieves and have tighten the machines up to no end. They have not been paying out to specifications by the laws of Nevada. From Sunset Station to Fiesta Henderson you can expect to lose all or most of your money. Even though it is supposed to be entertainment, it has become a legal zone for criminal activity by the Station properties. The company is unethical and has proven to be the worst in Las Vegas. They especially target people playing Buffalo machines and it is because they have become so popular. They even go as far as 95% of the machines as well. If you have experienced any of the Station properties doing this and you continue to lose every time you play there please file a complaint with the gaming board.

I am trying to protect all locals from this happening to you. We have set out a team to investigate the properties while collecting data for 2013. Please reply to this if you have had the same thing happen to you and you found yourself losing every single time.

• Ri
      14th of Oct, 2013

Station Casino's are at it once again taking from locals! Remember when they used to have free swipe and wins??? Well not anymore! They make you play 5 points to even activate it and then they only give you tickets into a drawing you will more than likely never win. They have gone too far this time and we will no longer be playing at any of the properties!!!

• Ri
      14th of Oct, 2013

Green Valley Ranch is also one of the worst! They steal daily from players! hope one day they tear that casino down!

• Ca
      8th of Nov, 2013

Station Casino Company is running television ads because they are losing locals business. I wonder why??? Oh yeah because they constantly steal from them! The mailers are a joke, the free play is a joke and there is no loyalty towards players. We had 4 Presidents in our family who used to go to Sunset Station and Green Valley Ranch but now we have given up on this greedy company. They will see bankruptcy once more!!!

• Te
      7th of Feb, 2014

The Stations casinos are controlled on a percentage payout not chance. They control how much is paid out in the slots. Is that gambling . No it says you can't cheat them buts its ok for them to cheat you. Think about it the slots are controlled on what they payout . I thought gambling was chance not controlled. All the casinos do this they control what they payout witch is not gambling . Gambling is chance where the wheels roll and now its all controlled on payouts. Back in the old days slots machines were not controlled by computers they hit where the wheels stop. If a casino went broke that was the way it was. You see on TV shows how people cheated slots with devices and got arrested. What is with the casinos now they rig there slots to pay on a percentage, another words they rigged them. Why arent the cops arresting the casino MGR for cheating on the public. You don't expect to buy a TV in a store and have the remote not with it do you. What needs to me done in more complaints to the gambling commission and wanting new laws for the people to have a fair chance and take out the rigged percentage payout. Ask any casino MGR or Owner about the percentage pay and they will not answer you will get the run around and tossed out.

• La
      15th of Mar, 2014

I have not won at any Stations Casino in over a year. The moment I became President status I no longer won. Their machines are crapy and have several glitches. I would love to have a decent bonus. Instead you have to put in 100.00 before you hit a bonus round that will pay you 10 to 20 bucks. I'm done with Stations and their greed.

21st of Mar, 2014

yup slots r tight at green valley an tables r fixed too. hosts cant give u nothin fer losin dont matter how much ya lose. dey said the boss guy Paul is a real ### an cheatin dem too
    he should be fired