[Resolved] Stateregistration.org / watch out for this site!!!

1 Ogden, UT, United States

When I went to renew my tags I had searched DMV. I had chosen the first link and was in for a surprise. They had charged me a fee for something I was unaware of. I have already contacted my bank because I want my money back. I didn't know this was a 3rd party because they hide it so well. I have sent 2 e mails about canceling my order and they have not gotten back to me. If they don't get back to me I will be forced to dispute this charge. Stateregistration.org please make this right.

Thank you.

• StateRegistration.org Customer Care's Response, Jan 03, 2018

We do not hide the fact that we are a third party. On the contrary, as stated in bold, prominent places throughout our site, you may either renew directly through your state's DMV portal, or you may appoint us as your agent to renew your registration on your behalf for an additional fee that covers several benefits exclusive to our site, including Night/Weekend Support, Ticket Protection, enrollment in our One-Click Renewal Program, and more. We present both options to our site's visitors so they can choose for themselves. Furthermore, before we accept any funds from anyone, we require that each user check a box consenting to our terms and the fact that we are a third-party agency that charges a fee. It is not possible to renew on our site without checking that box and signing your name, explicitly authorizing us -- as a third party -- to process your renewal.

Getting in contact with us is easy. There is a contact form on our website: https://stateregistration.org/contact You can also email us directly: support@stateregistration.org No one who reaches out to us via these channels is ignored. Unlike the DMV, we respond to customer inquiries in an average of 5 minutes or less.

In any event, since you did not intend to use our site, we're happy to make it right and credit you back. Shoot us an email with your license plate number so we can locate your transaction make sure this is resolved: support@stateregistration.org We have a Satisfaction Guarantee, so we'll be happy to credit you back and remove you from our system. However, we first need you to contact us with a plate number so we can locate you in our system.

We look forward to your email and resolving this matter for you to your complete satisfaction.

• Updated by Naverjon, Jan 05, 2018

I was refunded that morning, thank you so much.

Na