State Farm Insurance Company / wrongful denial

NY, United States Review updated:

I HAVE A HOME OWNERS POLICY WITH STATE FARM INS. I NOTICED ON 3/26/09 GRAYISH FILM ON MY WALLS. STATE FARM "NEVER" CAME OUT TO EXAMINE THE GRAY WALLS/DUST. I WAS TOLD IT DID NOT MAKE SENSE TO FILE A CLAIM THAT "APPEARED TO BE LESS THAN MY DEDUCATBLE". TO MAKE A VERY LONG STORY SHORT, ..., STATE FARM INSURANCE COMPANY ACCEPTED THIS CLAIM AS A "PUFF BACK" ( SOOT FROM A RUNNING BOILER), WHICH MADE NO SENSE BECAUSE I HAD NO BOILER RUNNING. THE ADJUSTER "STEPHEN R" MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL BECAUSE I WOULD NOT ENTERTAIN HIS DIRECT/INDIRECT STATEMENTS THAT WERE GRAPHIC, UNPROFESSIONAL AND EXPLICIT. ONCE I REPORTED THIS ADJUSTER FOR HIS BEHAVIOR, STATE FARM MADE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL, DENIED THE CLAIM AFTER THEY ACCEPTED IT, INDICATING I HAD NO DAMAGE TO MY HOME. AFTER I WAS FORCED TO HIRE CONSULTANTS, AIR SPECIALIST AND TESTS MY HOME IS MOLD INFESTED AND I HAVE NOT BEEN LIVING IN MY HOUSE FOR 5 MONTHS. ME AND MY CHILD WHO IS CHRONIC ASTHMATIC WERE THROWN IN THE STREETS, WE COULD NOT GO BACK HOME, DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASONS I HAD TO FIGHT IN COURT WITH A TRO STOPPING STATE FARM, WHO CLAIMED MY HOME WAS "HABITABLE" AND ANY LOSS WAS PRIOR TO ME PURCHASING MY HOME. I CAN NOT DESCRIBE IN WORDS WHAT STATE FARM IS ALLOWING ME AND MY CHILD TO GO THROUGH. HOWEVER AFTER SO MUCH RESEARCH, I FOUND THAT WHAT STATE FARM IS DOING TO ME IS PART OF THEIR COMMON PRACTICES: PAVIA, NANCY GERDING, AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. I WILL NOT GIVE UP AND WILL PURSUE THIS TO THE END. TO DATE ME AND MY FAMILY ARE DISPLACED AND THEIR GOAL APPEARS TO BE TO BREAK US DOWN, FINANCIALLY. IT DISGUSTS ME HOW PEOPLE LIVE WITH THEMSELVES KNOWING THEY ARE MAKING OTHERS SUFFER FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY.

Comments

• Li
      13th of Jul, 2010

I totally agree with you. They will do anything to avoid paying one little penny out of their DEEP pockets, but we still continue to pay them and for what?? Nothing, that is what. Experienced a house fire & because of the fact that we were about to move out, mind you, nothing except for one sofa had been removed from the home, we are now suspicious and they have no clue what caused the fire. My family & I have been going through this now for almost 7 months. We have been told that we will now be undergoing an "examination under oath" which I understand is common practice, but because of their failure to do what is right & just, they just want to avoid having to pay for our home & all of our belongs we lost. I pray for God's insight to why people want to behave like this and treat others unfairly & unjust, but so is the way of the world. The mighty dollar prevails for this no good company. They are NOT a good neighbor in my book & hope I never have any kind of neighbor like that. If that is the case, with neighbors like that, who needs enemies???