State Farm Insurance / State farm takes your money but doesn't pay!

If you use State Farm Insurance run, don't walk, to another company fast! They take your money but give you every hassle in the book when it comes to paying.

They won't follow up on collision claims when you have your car repaired under collision insurance. They say they will go after other driver and get ur deductible back, but they do nothing but send you a letter about 6 months later saying "sorry we aren't going to pursue this any more". If you get hit by an uninsured/underinsured driver, forget state farm giving you anything. A scratch and they will total your car then offer you less than 10% of its actual worth. They low ball all costs on claims. Get ur roof torn up in a hail storm, State Farm will declare there is no damage and you will have to fight them for months to get ur roof repaired. Then they will swear that any price is too high. On liability they will hang you out to dry. I was with them 20+ years and should have quit them 15 years before, I kept thinking that it was just a one time thing, that they would be better next time. Don't fool yourself, they have been sued by more Attorney Generals in more states than I can count. They have very deceptive practices and continue to have them. If you idea of a good neighbor is someone who will harass you, make noise all night, destroy your property and steal from you, then state farm is a good neighbor.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      17th of Jul, 2008

I have had Sate Farm for 19 years. I had 1 claim with them and felt I was treated fairly ( years ago). I knew I was paying a lot but felt " covered" in case of loss.
    Well things have changed a " ROGUE" driver hit our 2 cars as they were sitting in front of our house. Police found a loaded syringe in the car of the kid falling asleep smashing our cherry 1994 Honda Accord ex with Gold Package. Our car was pushed into a tree and actually moved 21 feet hitting our 2004 Grand Cherokee doing $ 5500.00 damaage to it.
    I don't care about the Jeep Cherokee there a dime a dozen for sale though they are a good car. In fact I am trying to sell it before I sign the papers to fix it. BUT the big complaint was the Honda they offered $4702.
    I have put in atleast 20 hours into getting my ducks in a row and come up with $5500.00 as it was a 1 owner, gently driven and everyone wanted to buy it.
    I had loads of work done which they call normal wear and tear ... The best battery Optima etc etc.. It had the gold package with rear Spoiler NEVER WRECKED or ABUSED. Lifetime Brakes recently done Life time alignment recently purchased...last 4000 miles... etc etc etc . I pay $230.00 a month and feel ripped off. I have a good friend at Family Insurance and they have approx same coverages on Vehicles...Infact their vehicles are worth more money and pay approx a little over one half of my premium. When they were injured in a wreck a rental car was delivered etc etc etc... providing good service. Today I spoke to a condensending REP if I could have I would have reached thru the phone and grabbed her throat. One only knows how good their insurance is when they have a claim...Mine isn't good... 19 years In a $4.00 + gallon my original owner car was gold. 116K I can't replace it for the money . Had a new radiator etc etc etc all set to go another 100k easily Today I called Liberty Mutual told them of my problem they are more than willing to look at the car and check value. That is the guys inssurance...I will bet you if all goes well I will have Family or Liberty Mutual. All Take Care

• Le
      26th of Sep, 2008

Sluzhe,

Nice grammer. I didn't know 'ur' is word. Guess you should have stayed in school past 2nd grade.

So do you have any numbers to back up your claims? Or did you just submit a bogus claim and got caught and now you just want to cry about the big evil insurance companies?

Why not give some examples about all their evil deeds.

• Th
      11th of Feb, 2011

Also, you cannot count up to 50? Do you hate banks, also?

• Dr
      11th of Nov, 2018
    State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company - Auto insurance
    Statefarm.com

I was rear ended by a state farm covered vehicle and the driver lied about rear ending me. I have had the state trooper and witnesses verify what happened and shared pictures that proved their driver hit my car. My car is total lossed and it has been 2 1/2 mos.and I am still getting the run around. I will do all i can to keep anyone from using SF!