State Farm Insurance Boat Policy / charging for service that was canceled they are a rip off

United States Review updated:

We had our Insurance for over 35 years and we had everything Insured with State Farm. We bought a Boat Last August and had it Insured though State Farm. We were not told that if you wanted to cancel you policy in 5 month or longer you would still have to pay for the rest of the year. We switched Insurance Company in March 2013. They sent us a bill for the amount for the last 6 months on our boat. I was really outraged that they would charge me for services not render. I went down to pay it and the lady ask it she could help me. I told her that I came to pay for services not Render and she ask me what I meant. I told her that we are paying for a policy that has be canceled and we have Insurance though another company, she told me that it was on the policy that we had that said that we had to pay for a year if we had the insurance for 5 months or more. I told her that she should have be honest and told us that. We trusted State Farm, and didn't bother to read the fine print. Big Mistake. So I am filing a complain with our Insurance Commissioner, Better Business Bureau, and State Farm Corporate Office. They should not be able to charge you for service that you canceled. They are a RIP OFF
3 hrs 39 mins ago by [protected]@gmail.com 0 Votes

Tx
Apr 29, 2013

Comments

•   Apr 29, 2013

•   Apr 30, 2013

After 35 years, you should know how your policies work by READING them. They DID tell you, they even gave it to you in WRITING. Accept YOUR fault and move on.

• Tx
      Apr 30, 2013

It shouldn't be legal for them to keep money that they are not providing service for . I am still going to file a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner. We had a hard time with them canceling our Automatic withdrawals. We had to call them twice and they finally cancel it..The have always been honest with us before now. We had never had a boat before and so we didn't know that they did it different. We didn't even get our policy for almost 2 week, so we couldn't read it right away anyway. I don't know of to many people that read their policies when the get them. They usually just file them away. We Trusted them, and they didn't bother to tell about the canceling rule. It wasn't was like that with our car policy or home policy that we had with them. I have talked to other people and they said the same thing happen to them. This company is making a lot of money from people that are not getting service.

• Je
      Apr 04, 2017

This is now happening to us -we had no idea they would pull this crap.