State Bank Of India / disclosure of my contact details

I got a call from call centre/Bank to get the facility of state bank credit card. I agreed to use credit card of state bank , so told them to send their person to collect my documents from home. The very next day one person came to me and collected the documents. Next day in the evening state bank credit card verified the document. After that i am getting so many calls from other banks that to use their credit card because they have my contact and document also which i had given for the "STATE BANK CREDIT CARD". When i asked them from where they got my contact details"THEY ARE SAYING FROM STATEBANK CREDIT CARD DEPARTMENT. When i contacted to sbi creditcard department verification department, "THEY DONT SAYING ANY THING AND SIMPLY CUTS MY CALL" . I have also given complaints to sbi credit card complaint centre but not getting reply. "THIS IS MY SUGGESTION TO ALL - NEVER GO FOR SBI CREDIT CARD.

A  10th of Jul, 2008 by
Roll Nos
N  15th of Jun, 2009 by
My father retired from Indian Railways as a Chief controler from Maligaon (MLG) office of N.F. Railways. He got his pension transferred to the SBI - Dankuni ( West Bengal ) Branch as he bought one Flat in Dankun by spending almost all the amount in his final financial settlement.

According to the 6th Pay commision declaration, his pension got increased by around Rs 2700 per month and he was due with an arrear payment of more than 60, 000 in two installments in two sequel years by 40%and 60% ( according to the declaration).

All the ex colleagues of my faher got the due amount 6-7 months back only who were there in towns like Guwahati or Kolkata but my father is still awaiting for his dues. He is still drawig the pension on same old pension value. He has lodged several compnaints to the local SBI branch and then went to lodge another complain in their (SBI) special pension cell.

As everybody else was given the due amount already he was very upset of the process and has been continously fllowing it up with different personals of SBI. The manager of the branch kept him ( 67 years old diabetic) for long hours in waiting for several days. Then he told him that he has sent his complain to the pension cell and wil get back to him. It's already 10 + months that he is waiting for the same now also. He is waiting for his money. Yes.. his money that is now with the bank ( govt.) and they are not releasing it.

I am his son, I live in Bangalore and I am also helpless in this now as I cann't pay much days visiting Dankuni and following it up in person with the Bank personels. I have lodged complains for him to the GM - customer care -SBI. He replied to it and ask the KOLKATA SBI Head office to take action on this. But Once it entires the Kolkata look it vanishes.

I have now lodged a complain in the govt pensioner website.

Nobody is coming up wih any answers. This is how the work culture there in SBI. My father is now searching for some of his old colleagues who are into pensioner association to help him out. But, his frineds are now inhabiting in Assam mostly where he lived through out his work tennure.

If anybody from SBI come to visit this page, please help my father. He is getting restless day by day due to this and this is because of some lazy and irresponsible employees of SBI.

In corporate world, we don't believe on personal responsibilities now, we believe in process, to monitor it properly, check the health of the processes regularly and making proactive and reactive actions and corrections.

I think SBI lacks all or may have no time to think on this things as you people are very busy all through out the days, months and years. Hopeless!!!

Please help if anybody come across this complain. I know I have to do something, but I don't know now what to do.Pls advise...

what i have come to know is that it's the DANKUNI (WEST BENGAL) branch which has to clear this amount.

Pls help.

still in the belief that some body will help me,

Surajit Mukherjee