State Bank Of India — one time settlement
This is a serious complaints against SBI credit card which was issued to me. The card no is [protected]. The card got expired on Jan 2008.To my dismay I have been receiving the card statement every month with interest charges after my card got expired. I have not requested to renew my card nor they have asked for any renewal. But they have added renewal annual charges. I was hounded every month from the payment collection department by some lousy guys who did not have the minimum courtesy to speak to a gentleman.
Within one year the charges went upto Rs 8000 plus.
After lots of negotiation, final settlement was done and as per their final settlement letter SL.No-24418 dated 18-05-2009, I have paid Rs 1190 as final settlement vide my cheque no 152145 from Bank of Baroda, Salt Lake branch. An SMS was received from SBI regarding the recipt of the payment within 2 days. However a letter was received from SBI card on 24th May, 2009 that the payment was not honoured and a request was made to issue another fresh cheque. Immediately another cheque was issued with no. 154131 vide Bank of Baroda dated 23-06-2009. I was not informed by any SMS this time.
Today SBI had sent me an SMS that new credit card statement have been sent with due of Rs 3460.10.
SBI credit card has posted in CIBIL that amount of Rs 8000 Plus is defaulted which discredits the credit history for any future commercial and consumer borrowings.
I have never faced or experienced such a lousy company handling credit cards with lots of harassment to the customers and foul mouthed low paid agents for customer liason.
I strongly suggest customers and consumers to be aware of becoming an SBI credit card user.
More State Bank Of India Complaints & Reviews
- SBI ATM Card - lost atm card! 
- SBI ATM - transaction declined, amount debited from account 
- SBI ATM Card - to block lost sbi atm card 
- SBI online internet banking - https://www.onlinesbi.com/ is not working science 10 days 
- State Bank Of India - non payment of pension arrears revision of pension 
- SBI Pensions - non crediting revised pension alongwith arrears in my a/c
- State Bank Of India - delay in issuing atm card
- SBI Credit Card - collection agent ran away without submitting my bill! 
- State Bank Of India - state bank of india web page not opening
- SBI - wrong calls