Starview Vineyards / Very dirty and unsanitary. Terrible food & wine

1 5100 Wing Hill RoadCobden, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 618.893.WINE

You are totally wrong, I doubt you have ever been there because the video is EXACTLY like the place, albeit they have expanded since the video so there is even more there now. I brought friends from Chicago and they agreed that StarView has the BEST wines on the Shawnee Hills wine trail. they were the only ones to send wines to be scored by BTI and they published the Beverage Testing scores, which rated the wines Highly Recommended and Best Buys. The place was awesome, and the food was incredible. Fresh bread and spinach dip was just a perfect compliment to the Vignoles wine. Totally a cool staff too. Everyone is so friendly and the owners are really down to earth and hang out with everyone. It is not a pretentious or snobby place at all, so if you are expecting a theme park like place with snooty staff and guests, then this isn't the place for you. But, like I said, you are totally wrong in your complain that you posted. I will continue to take my out of town friends here because the wines, food, view and staff are awesome.

Comments

9th of Apr, 2009

I agree. The winery looks nothing like that video they have on their site and the food and wine is mediocre at best. I would not recommend this winery

• Su
      15th of Apr, 2009

My husband and I went there and bought a couple bottles of wine and they double charged our credit card and refused to give us a refund. We will never go there again!!!

• Bo
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I have been to Starview countless times and I couldnt disagree more. I love it so much im getting married there. Please find out for yourself. I have eaten there 3 times and have enjoyed the food as well. N the wine slushes o my!!! U people dont know what ur talking about personally!!!

• So
      8th of Feb, 2010

I have to agree with winechick24, Starview is a nice place with a great selection of wines made in the Illinois AVA. I have never had a negative experience there and i find them very hospitable as well. Check it out for yourself before you take the word of the naysayers.. make up your own mind, but as for me ..i like it.