startmailingnow.com / false advertising

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

This webiste advertises $1000.00 a week "guarenteed" income mailing borchures. you have to send them 35.00 then they send you a "starter kit". The start kit consists of 5 photocopied advertisements for government grants, and the instructions that you have to post the ads anywhere YOU can, then people are asked to send you $4.00 with a self addressed envelope so that you can send them a photocopy of the government grants photocopy. You do not get any money but what unsuspecting people have to send you.

I have checked out the government grants information that they want me to circulate and that too is a scam, you have to pay up from 58.00 but they forget to mention that this is a recurring monthly charge on your credit card, not a one time charge. Both of these are false, misleading and totally fraudulent!!

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2009

what kind of job has you pay them befor you can start.I think that if it really works you would have us work that frist then take the money out of the frist check you send us.

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2009

What kind of company has you pay them befor you can work. I think that if it really works that the company would have you work for that frist check just like any other company and then when its time for you to pay your employes you would take that money to start out of that.

• Dm
      26th of Aug, 2009

Thank you for letting me know. Thank goodness you guys put comments in. I'm now not going to look into this scam any further.

• Na
      19th of Mar, 2010

thank you very much for evey one try to help the other people about this new kind of scam, many people think that it is the golden oppertunity to gain some money for their families and kids, but in the fact they lose their money, thank you very muchone more time.

• Go
      24th of Jun, 2010

AND THESE ADS ARE PLACE INTO LOCAL PAPERS, AND ALL OVER THE PLACE. SOME PEOLPE DO NOT HAVE THE SLIGHEST IDEA OF FINDING OUT THE TRUTH BEHIND THESE BUSINESSES, SO THEY FALL RIGHT INTO THE TRAP. I CAN IMAGINE HOW MANY VICTIMS THAT ARE OUT THERE TODAY. PEOPLE HAVE TO BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL NOWADAYS, AIN'T NO TELLING OF WHAT'S WHAT, OR WHO, WHO'S. A HINT TO THE WISE, IS QUITE SUFFICIENT...

4th of Jul, 2010

Does anyone have a phone # and or address for this company? I believe all your comments, but I'm not sure why no more info as far as a name of company or specific info about the company wasn't given in the complaints previous. I would like to research through some very "thorough" and sophisticated people. I will promise to post every detail, which will be much more than what I've read in the comments so far. I can be very useful in digging up more about them. If you reciprocate by actually prvided real info...phone, city, name of company, etc...I can gikve quite a bit of help, and we could be working together on this. I need real info to check them out, than the vague dissatisfaction I have read so far here. Don't take any offense, but instead, please let me help by giving specific info. Not sure why the name of the company never came up, and to the person who has already paid them, surely you would have the name of the company and a phone number. Please provide the simple info that anyone would get from their credit card statement, and the company themselves along with a phone #, and I will help. Not hard questions or difficult info you should already have if you sent anyone $37 bucks on taking a chance. Please let me help you get some real info about them. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE IF ANY OF YOU THAT PAID THEM PROVIDE THIS SIMPLE INFO.

4th of Jul, 2010

Sorry for the double text. First post, and just registered. Guys, please let me help out with this. Thanks. Just need that info.

I like this site.

Son of Odin

4th of Jul, 2010

That site had no "home" page to speak of, no address before it seemed that you'd be well into the process of paying them, no contact info, etc.

The no contact info is why I really need to have the people that have paid them anything to provide me with their company name (would be on statement, of course, phone #, and anthing else at all, no matter how unimportant it might seem to you, but to an investigator such as myself...everything can possibly help. Thanks guy. I hope you will get the info for me.

• Ka
      17th of Sep, 2010

Thank you for the heads up! I have always been told that everything that glitters isn't gold. Thanks for being proactive and active when others needed it.

Kathrn