Starter Credit DirectFraud

1 Review updated:

The same thing happened as what was described by the other complaints. I have an appointment at the bank to file FRAUD charges against this company. Shame! Shame! Many people know your game!

Comments

• Ke
      Nov 12, 2008

These people are outright thieves... I was ripped off. $99.00 was debited from my account without my authorization.

• Ju
      Nov 21, 2008

This is my 3rd email complaint to you. When do you plan on responding. If I go back to the hospital with another stroke again I will be filing a law suit.
    You must correct my bank account now and pay for the nsf funds you cost me. $99, plus $140 in nsf funds. Jerome Bradford

Feb 05, 2009
    Starter Credit.com - unauthorized withdrawal from my account
    People's Bank
    Connecticut

Money was withdrawn from my checking account for the sum of $300.00 ($99.00 ) and this was not authorize from me I would like all activity to cease immediately. This was done for the month of January and a recent withdrawal in this month of February.

Feb 05, 2009
    Starter Credit.com - unauthorized withdrawal from my account
    people's Bank

starter credit.com took money from my checking and it was not authorize and I want my $99.00 (times 3) returned to my account immediately I have the statements from my bank

• Vi
      Feb 26, 2009

irritating... not trustworthy! signed up for $1.00 free credit report and i cannot find a legitimate # to call to cancel. WHAT A FRAUD!!!

• Vi
      Feb 26, 2009

i jsut had a terrible experience my self. I signed up for a free credit report for $1.00 and i can not cancel it now due to no legitamete #. im going to have to change my account information. FRAUD!

• To
      Apr 08, 2009

Hello i was reviewing some of the other complaints and i myself has been a victim of this fraud and i cant began to tell you how inconvienient this has been for me i had to close my account which i have bill pay set up though for other things now i have to call around and explain to these compaies that my account has changed and they need to set up automatic withdrawls from a new account number however i did manage to catch it so i havent gotten any overdrafts just yet and if i do once the bank says yes this is fraud the fees will be refunded back to me and also the checks i wrote before this mess will be honored by the bank...i have learned my lesson no to do anything over the internet again i am upset but not with the people but with myself for being so careless this will never happen to me again and for those who are looking for a contact for the company there is a number on the check that theyuse to debit your account the number if you havent already tried it is...[protected]

• Sh
      Apr 13, 2009

sharon holland: starter credit took 99.00 out of my fiance"s account with no authorization. I don't have authorization on my finace"s account. Sarter credit # is non-reachable. I don't know what this is or does. As we all find out it's not a company, it's FRAUD as i find out.

• Va
      Apr 27, 2009

Starter Credit Direct Stole $99 from my account

• Va
      Apr 27, 2009

I agree totally with ever complaint. They have stolen $99.00 from my account. I have no idea who this company is and I am having a hard time getting this money back from my bank.

• Ho
      Apr 28, 2009

they stole from me also i dont even know how they got my information now my account is frozen and bank of america is given me a hard time i reported fraud last month this company was still tryin to get in my accounts last week they will stop at nothing they will take $90.00-$99.00 out of your bank account at a time

• De
      May 28, 2009

I also had 99.00 withdrawn from my account as well from Starter, Please do not do it people! You cannot get in touch with them as they claim that they will be in touch within 48 hours. I disputed it with my bank and should be refunded. I am going to report them to the local news station and also in CA. Do not in anyway give your information online if you don't feel it's safe.
    Starter Credit has a bogus terms and conditions page about their application processing that says they would refund the 99.00 if you send them a bank statement within 5 days after their fraud check withdrawal out of your account. They give a fax number but I believe that it is a scam as well because I could not reach them all day.

• Ra
      Nov 07, 2009

This is exactly what happened to me yesterday! I submitted information to United Loan payday service. They deposited $200 into my account. This was October 4, 2009. I opted to pay it in full plus their $60 interest fee on November 3rd.

Another company, StarterCreditDirect withdrew $99 from my account at the same time. This caused a domino affect that impacted five bills I had planned to pay at the same time. My bank charged me $35 times 5, plus United Loan's fee of an additional $50 because by now, my account was in the red and the $260 not available!

I called StarterCreditDirect who claimed I gave them permission to withdraw the $99 from my account without signature required via a Pre-authorized check from my bank!

I am in a huge battle with this company, who, if you give them five business days notice, will reimburse you. I talked to two of their associates demanding my $99 be deposited back into my account.

Of course, now, they are closed on the weekend. I sent two e mail messages to both these associates and my banks fraud division is doing an investigation.

What a hassle for $200 bucks. This has cost me the original $200 plus the $60, five bounced checks at $35 each, an additional $50 and $30 from United who penalized me for not having the $260 available on November 3rd.

More bad news -- I cannot pay my mortgage, car insurance, Comcast, health insurance and I have $152 to my name until December 3rd!

I have since cancelled that account at my bank and they issued me a new account number to stop the bleeding!

I have also contacted the Attorney General's Office as well as my lawyer and judge located in Massachusetts as well as the Fraud division from the bank.

Cross you fingers -- I have faith in a Higher Power ... (s)he didn't bring me this far to drop me on my head!

Advice to all who read this -- If it is too good to be true ... you know the rest...

Raging Rose In Raynham, Massachusetts