StarHub / unethical internet service provider

1 Singapore Review updated:

I would like to voice my unpleasant encounter with Starhub’s business etiquette on their billing system. In December 2009, I contacted Starthub and spoke to Tommy Tang, the Billing Manager with regards to an additional month billing imposed on my bill. I have been billed not only for the month of utilization but the following month .I raised my concern and Tommy Tang has suggested of solving this by deferring payment as there is another 15 days of grace after the bill’s indicated date. This would mean I will not have to pay as per bill indication date but before the 15 days of grace is over. He further assured me that he will indicate a note so as a written reminder will not be imposed should the payment is not paid by the billing date.
Things do not seem to occur as suggested. I have been receiving monthly reminders till today and with most often these reminder bills have been double charged despite making my payment before the end of the 15 days of grace period. This has been extremely contradicting, as Starhub, the initiator of a solution is not keeping up to their commitment. Should starthub does not wish to honour a suggestion of their own, they should not have made any unfulfilled suggestion in the first instance.
Last month, as the result of double billing, I received an arrogant letter from Starhub with headline enlarged, bold and capitalised urging me to resolve my credit card payment. This letter is outright spiteful and is stepping beyond boundaries, similarly liken to the threats in the reminders received of imposing additional charges for reconnection fee.
I have been contacting Starhub for the past two weekends but only finally able to speak to a billing representative who has not been helpful but putting me on hold without any concrete solution at the end of the call. I have demanded a solution with a higher authority but was informed there was no one to assist me. This is truly outrages and unprofessional for such a company that do not handle a customer’s concern seriously. I was left more confused and frustrated as I have endured the last few months of endless reminders and double billing that led to an incident with the credit card company. I have engaged starhub’s service for the last 2 years and since have been a loyal and dutiful paymaster. With these reminders received now, has reconfigured me as a poor paymaster.
There is not a point further to discuss with starthub as they are not keen to resolve a problem, act upon consumers calls professionally and swiftly nor has customer’s interest at heart and worst of all, do not deliver the action they have suggested.
With the above, I would like to share my tales of woe and seek you advise on a possible option or the necessary course of action as I am still in a contract with this company for another year and I would no longer wish to be further manipulated by their deceptive lies and extremely degrading services.
Victimised Consumer.

Comments

• Su
      23rd of Apr, 2013

Can I suggest that people facing problems with star hub services to lodge a complaint via email to Infocom/IDA and MICA Singapore. They will help you to investigate and settle the issues. Upon investigation from the above gov. Authorities, star hub will take actions to resolve whatever problems that you are . The mentioned gov bodies have the authority to handle and investigate.

I have very bad experiences with star hub just like the people complaining here. After some time, I got very frustrated and desperate. I decided to write to Infocom/IDA sg. Star hub render their assistance to me ASAP.

I hope the people here will seek help from proper channel for their grievances and etc...
    In my personal circumstances/ experiences. It is the only hope to resolve problems with star hub else they will just ignore you, keep transferring you to don't know who or give endless excuses etc... Which is a total waste of our personal resources, not forgetting that we are paying our bills to them. We are consumers, we must bring our grievances to proper channels if we are ignored or not treated right.

We need to bring our issues to IDA/Infocom, the gov authorities. They seems to be our only hope when it comes to star hub.

I hope that my advice helps.

• Di
      30th of Apr, 2013

Can I suggest that people facing problems with star hub services to lodge a complaint via email to Infocom/IDA Singapore. Email adress :  mailto:info@ida.gov.sg  Or  ida_qsm@ida.gov.sg  IDA website :http://www.ida.gov.sg/ tel: 6211 2100 .They will help you to investigate your issues. Upon investigation from the above gov. Authorities, star hub will take actions to resolve the problems that you face. Just furnish them with your account no/ particulars. Be truthful with the issues that you face with the service provider.

I hope that my advice helps.