StarHub / billing

SG Review updated:

I am a university student in Sinagpore, I came to Singapore 4 months back from India. I signed a contract with starhub for 1 year service. I took the $60 plan per month. whenever i get my bill, it is always more than $120, they refuse to put a cap on my bill, refuse to inform me of my bill in the middle of the month, I get a call after 2 months saying my bill is $312 and i have to pay the whole amount within 3 says or services will be terminated. They even overcharge on international calls. Their "subsidized" line 018 is a scam. I live on a student budget and now they tell me I have to pay $542 to get out of the contract.

Comments

• St
      Dec 06, 2010

STARHUB SEND ME A LETTER INFORMING THAT I HAVE NOT MADE PAYMENT FOR 2 MONTHS! BUT I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MAKING PAYMENT ON THE 12TH OF THE MTH ON THE DAY THAT I GET MY PAY WITHOUT FAIL. BECOS THEY CHANGE THEIR ACCOUNT NUMBERS AND POSSIBLY THATS WHEN I MAKE PAYMENT IT WAS NOT CAPTURED. BUT AXS MACHINES NEVER REJECT MY PAYMENT! THEY CLAIM THEY ONLY SEND REMINDERS IF NEVER PAY FOR 2 MONTHS! BUT THE FUNNY THING I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN MAKING PAYMENT AND SUDDENLY IN NOV I RECEIVE LETTER SAYING LAPSE FOR 2 MONTHS! THEN IN SEP THEY NEVER SEND ME DETAILS OF ANY OUTSTANDING. THEY EXPECT ME TO CHECK WITH MY BANK BUT THEN TO ISSUE STATEMENTS I HAVE TO PAY TO MY BANK! PAY TO SHOW THAT I HAVE PAID! RIDICULOUS!
    STARHUB REALLY SUCKS TO THE CORE, IT IS THEIR PROBLEM AND CAUSING ME TO DEAL WITH THEIR STUPID PROBLEMS. I HAVE DECIDED TO JUST PAY THEM AGAIN COS I AM THEY TYPE OF PERSON WHO CANNOT TAHAN OUTSTANDING PAYMENTS! I AM WAITING FOR MY CONTRACT TO END IN FEW MTHS TIME THEN I AM GOING OVER TO BETTER PROVIDERS. I HAVE ALREADY PORT MY MOBILE. LET THEM BANKRUPT IN HELL!

May 04, 2013

Very simple!
    How to deal with starhub problems even wrong biling which they insist that u must pay. Can I suggest that people facing problems with star hub services to lodge a complaint via email to Infocom/IDA Singapore ASAP Email adress :  mailto:   [protected]@ida.gov.sg  Or  [protected]@ida.gov.sg  or mailto: [protected]@ida.gov.sg  IDA website :  http://www.ida.gov.sg/   tel: 6211 2100 Please furnish IDA with your account no/ particulars. Be truthful with the issues that you face with the service provider.

I hope the people here will seek help from proper channel for their grievances and etc...
    Better email Starhub in black and White about your complaints and let them reply u in black and white. Please be careful in trusting their staffs verbally. They change their words and agreement etc according to situations. In my personal experience, their management is ######. Do saved a copy of sent and replied email to them.
    Please also take down time and date and duration of broadband tv, digital, Internet been disrupted for IDA and MDA coz Starhub always claim investigate but In my opinion, it is ###.
    Kindly furnish it to IDA. For tv, email to MDA Sg for Starhub tv issues for help.

In my personal circumstances/ experiences. It is the only hope to resolve problems with star hub else they will just ignore you, keep transferring you to don't know who or give endless excuses etc...
    Which is a total waste of our personal resources, not forgetting that we are paying our bills to them. We are consumers, we must bring our grievances to proper channels if we are ignored or not treated right.
    We need to bring our issues to IDA/Infocom amd MDA,  the gov authorities.
    If Starhub 1633 broadband department continue this kind of services which is likely to worsen, only us the consumers paying for it will suffer in the long run. Therefore, do take actions with their irresponsible attitude.

Starhub will surely respond to IDA and MDA coz these authorities will investigate into our complaints. They seems to be our only hope when it comes to star hub. How about writing to the minister in charge and our MP?
    Singapore MPs wouldn't sit on the fence.

I hope that my advice helps.

Comments Singapore Internet Providers