StarFone / Scam and cheating

This company is the worst phone company. It works with long distance phone rates to different countries. We had established an account with this company 3 years ago. Two years ago we had called to tell the company that we had changed our phone number and to remove the old number from our account. They had indicated that they had accepted this request. My mother who does not speak English perfectly and is vulnerable to these kind of attacks did not notice that the company had continued to charge her a bill under her old number (that was now reassigned to someone else). The new person who had received this house number used my mother's address and pretended to be her sister. Starfone did not ask for any information and even let this 'sister' set up her own pin number. After finding this out, we took several attempts to cancel the entire contract with Starfone. They said that they had canceled the contract. We insisted on talking to a supervisor about these issues, but we were consistently shunned. We had called maybe 50 times and they never put us through to a supervisor and always stated that they would call us back. This was 4 months ago and they are still sending my mother bills in her name and threatening to send the bills to a collection agency when we have CLEARLY canceled our contract and contacted them several times about this issue---also reminding them that the number was not even at our address and that we do not know anyone in Lebanon where these people were calling! We may now have to proceed legally. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU!

Va

Comments

• Sr
      30th of Jul, 2009

Due to their customer service harrasment I got in an horrible auto accident (emotional distress). They created me a lot of finacial problems also. I contacted FCC and now I am looking for an attorney after written compalin with the Starfone QA. I think they enjoy harrasing people arround. Could any government agency take a closer look of this company activity?!

• Mi
      4th of Sep, 2009

Sorry to hear this but it does not surprise me. I've heard of other stories like that. They mainly deal with the middle east tight? My brother knows, I think his name is Ivan, the Frenchman who leads this company and was commenting this guy is a soft spoken wissel, he also pretends to be some king of healer.

• Om
      8th of Apr, 2017

HAVE PREPAID AMOUNT NOT USED, NOW THEY CLOSED AND COMING OUT UNDER A DIFFERENT NAME, THIEVES.

• Na
      3rd of Sep, 2017

@omda We had Starfone for a long time. We used to pay the bill monthly. I don't recall there was prepaid amount. Was it an amount they collected when first opening the account?