Stardoll.com / Fraud and cheating

1 Sweden Review updated:

I have been an extremely active member on Stardoll.com for almost 3 years now. I've always signed in daily as well as supported the website 100%. I've spent hundreds of dollars since joining on membership and their website currency. The website is built around a virtual world and my user (aka doll) lives a very lavish e-life.

I first started having problems with other users on the website. Sometimes it would be typical name calling, other times it would be people trying to get me deleted from the website; rather it be out of jealousy or because they had nothing better to do. The website used to run on a system where users would be deleted if they were reported a certain number of times in a certain time frame, because of this I was deleted 3 times but luckily, reactivated too. Each time I did not have to do much other than prove the staff wrong into why I was wrongly deleted. Since then I believe the staff actually takes the time to manually delete accounts but that still does not stop them from deleting them without proof to claims. I was severely punished because of lies and problems with the site, none of which I was ever guilty of.

Whenever I started to have problems with users, they first sent messages to them telling them to stop. This helped but as more users started to get around the ease of the website and hacking it, it became abuse and harassment. The more I asked the staff to take action and help me, primarily after people would send me death threats and tell me to [censored], the more I would be treated poorly. It was almost as if I was being punished for bothering them, by abiding by the rules and asking for help and blocking users instead of taking it into my own hands.

I began to handle the abuse better and learned that the staff was lazy and the website was one built around greed. Their idea was to get money the easiest way possible, which meant that because the website is mostly for children, they would easily take advantage of them. They will ignore users instead of helping them ultimately, making it easier on themselves; not their customers.

After the abuse, I seemed to get left alone more. But I still constantly was getting letters from the staff telling me to stop this or stop that, I was even once punished because of something someone told ME. This upset me a lot, and they did not even apologize. But this is when I started to have many technical problems.

Sometimes my user's home would not load, other times the clothing I bought for my user (aka doll) would not fit, it would change and sometimes it would just not be there in general. It would take weeks before a problem was fixed and even then, I was lucky if they did. What usually happened was they would ignore problems and just release something new as a diversion. Because of their tactics, I initially lost a lot of my clothes. They just disappeared out of the blue. I had to have even more moved to other accounts, making them useless to me.

When I first contacted them in regards to my clothing problems, they first said it was techincal issues they were fixing. I understood and waited. It was a while later and I contacted them again. I estimate about 2 weeks but am not entirely sure. They now said that the reason I was having trouble with my suite was because I had too much, this is when they offered to move half of my things I own (This is hundreds of dollars here in things I've bought) to another account. This would make it useless to me.

I said I would do this but only if I was given a compensation for my loss. I asked for 30 items of clothing of my choice for my doll to makeup for what I would loose. According to them the only way my suite would function right was if they moved half of my things, this was thousands of items. 30 would not slow down anything and it would be enough to make up for things I would not have access to.

I also explained to them thoroughly why I deserve this compensation. They then changed their story again, stating I was guilty of using a 'loophole' and instead of taking away the clothes in relation with this 'loophole' they would move my stuff to another account and let me keep all my clothes as a form of a compensation. Let me remind you that the only reason they bring up this loophole is because other users claimed I used it, and they did not have any proof. This is when it started to go down hill.

By this time 3/4 of everything I owned was already on another account and they were getting ready to take half of what i had left. I had to go back and forth with them for about a month and half arguing that I have the right to a compensation, which I did. They assumed that they could trick me into thinking I was not entitled to a compensation because I signed the agreement, which stated they did not have to give refunds.

I corrected them multiple times and initially they gave me 1 month membership to their site. This was not until I threatened to go to the BBB and file reports. I told them I did not accept it and did not use the membership. In my personal opinion, not only am I asking for a compensation for problems I was not warned about (not a refund) but I believe the contract I signed was voided the first time they remove half of what i owned to another account, making it useless to me. They had promised me I'd get these items back, but when contacted months later, they told me it was IMPOSSIBLE to move things back to other accounts.

I have spent many days and hours trying to get through to the CEO, Mattias Miksche, and he has simply ignored me and has not at all bothered to help. I have given up going through the website all together. I believe that i have given them many chances to help me and they have taken them all for granted.

Ultimately I have been ripped off by a website motivated by greed. They believe all the users are naive, therefore they can be easily taken advantage of. I am not the only person to have this happen to them either, and you would be surprised to know that there are many more unsatisfied customers who have been punished for things they have not done on this website and the ways they've been ripped off.

Va

Comments

• Li
      13th of Apr, 2009

i got ripped off too. I bought a super star membership and when i bought it it said that ill get 2oo stardollars with it and i paid extra to have that many and i only got 50 stardollars, and when i wrote letter to stff two times i never got a letter back, so i basically paid to get ripped off

• Pa
      25th of Aug, 2009

GUESS WHAT - I WAS RIPPED OFF TOO!!! I LET MY DAUGHTER JOIN STARDOLL ALMOST A YEAR AGO AND PAID £30 FOR A SUPERSTAR MEMBERSHIP. SHE HAS HAD HER ACCOUNT 'STOLEN' TWICE NOW AND TO BE HONEST WHEN I HAVE CONTACTED STARDOLL I REALLY DONT THINK THERE IS A HUMAN BEING AT THE OTHER END BUT AN AUTOMATED SERVICE. I SENT LOADS OF MESSAGES THE FIRST TIME AND WOULD GET REPLIES BUT NEVER MADE SENCE!! MY DAUGHTER WAS ISSUED WITH ANOTHER PASSWORD THE FIRST TIME AFTER MANY MESSAGES BUT TWO WEEKS LATER HAD HER ACCOUNT STOLEN AGAIN. APARENTLY ITS VERY EASY FOR OTHER MEMBERS TO 'HACK' INTO OTHER ACCOUNTS AND SIMPLY STEAL THEM. THERES NO WAY I'M GOING TO PAY ANY MORE MONEY OUT BUT TO BE HONEST MY DAUGHTER HAS KIND OF LOST INTEREST IN IT ANYWAY AS SHE SPENT SO LONG BUILDING HER ACCOUNT UP JUST TO HAVE IT TAKEN AWAY. ITS A SHAME BECAUSE SHE MADE LOTS OF NEW FRIENDS ALL ROUND THE WORLD AND SHE HAS A REAL INTEREST IN FASHION. STARDOLL ARE QUICK ENOUGH TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT NOT AS QUICK, IT WOULD SEEM, TO SORT THE IDIOTS OUT WHO ARE SPOILING IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE!!!

• Cl
      24th of Jan, 2010

for the mom ahead of me u and ur daughter seem like idiots. u really would not have ur account hacked unless you gave away ur password.

• Un
      22nd of Mar, 2010

i don't think you have to give away your pass word to get hacked now a days there are ways that they can get into your account.
    and i too have had problems with stardoll answering complaints of thef and harassment.
    for a site gear towrds children it sure teaches hard lessons about life to children at a early age.

31st of Mar, 2010

Stardoll is awsome enkes you be a big idoit about it block your doll to make a privste acounte and dont pick an easy password like cat1234567 pick something like 1234511224473635280newbew they wont hak it and if they take away a lot of money real money report it and sue as long as you have proof.

• As
      3rd of Jun, 2010

I was hacked 13400 stardollars by lululemon75. She has hacked many people and therefor wen she was busted decided to quit stardoll. I hope she learned her lesson! for more info go to misslucy546's page

• Al
      22nd of Aug, 2010

a couple of years ago i had an account. i was a bit addicted and spent a couple of hundred pounds over a few years on it. one day i noticed that tonnes of clothes and objects were disappearing from my suite. i contacted them and they took forever and never helped me. they said "look in your box" and wheni said they werent in there they told me to type out the WHOLE of the transaction history and sort through it all to find what was missing (and there was at least 10000 things to go throuhg) and i pasted it all to them. they did nothing. i asked them again and they told me to look in my box again and they wouldnt help me or refund me my clthes at all. i gave up on the site and one day i wanted to come back on but forgot my password and asked them to email it me and they still wouldnt so i couldnt get on it. they slowly deleted everything off me and its all gone. stardoll are a load of ****s who steal your money. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM,
    allie (mad_dog_luva)

• Do
      29th of Aug, 2010

OMG!!! I got hacked into and I didn't gave my password!! Stardoll staff and their CEO are greedy [censored] ers who dont care about their members because they think its just kids using it!! These hackers have ways and means to hack you even without your password..how they do it I dont know. Then Stardoll ignore you whenever you make a complain..you cant even call the [censor]...you know what they have no business sense whatsoever, because if a costumer is spending a lot of money on your website...a game website at that! Wouldn't you make it more secure and costumer freindly so people can easily call in? No they sit on their [censor] and collect big sums of money...well guess what Stardoll..it dont last forever and you will get [censored] in the end if you dont be more costumer friendly...yes the site is addictive but people will eventually leave it is in their nature to do so..if their mistreated over and over!!!
    I feel like just flying to Sweden for the fun of it...just to see who is really working at this place...seriously...are they that dumb!!!

• Ka
      25th of Nov, 2010

Stardoll is a very greedy site which I don't think is appropriate for children.
    I have seen so many girls get bullied, so many girls falsely reported and deleted. But curiously...girls who buy SS for a long time can cuss, talk about sex, pick on people all they want and no matter how many times they get reported, they still get to keep their accounts.
    If your account gets deleted on Stardoll, you better be a Superstar because you can't get it back without Superstar reference code.
    The site is a joke. It is unfair and all rules apply but only if you're not paying those imbeciles.

• Na
      5th of Dec, 2010

hey ppl its me Natasha i hav just gave some1 my pass word and useraname 2 this [censor] alise raindrop she was ment 2 make me a superstr but she didnt she just went onto my aaccount and started writing ppl bad comments 4 me she should have her stardoll website hacked off from her computer i feel sorry 4 the ppl thta r in the mood im in

• Ca
      5th of Dec, 2010

HI ITS ME CASSIE GOLDIE ON STARDOLL I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM THERE IS THIS GIRL CALLED ALISE RAINDROP I GAVE HER MY PASSWORD ND USERNAME TO MAKE ME A SUPERSTAR BUT SHE DIDNT SHE JUST HACKED OF MY ACCOUNT SHES BLACK AND A SUPERSTAR LOOK HOW FAR I WAS ON STARDOLL MEETING NEW FRIENDS AND ALL THAAT S**T BUT THEN SHE STOLED IT AND SHE KEEPS ON DOING IT I WISH SHE WASNT ALLOWED 2 GO ON STARDOLL ME AND SOME OF MY FRIENDS HAV BLOCKED AND REPORTED HER I WROTE A MESSAGE ON WHAT SHE IS DOING THEY SAID THEY WILL HELP ME BUT STILL NO MESSAGE HAAS RETURNED IF THERE IS ANYWAY 2 REPORT HER PLZ TELL ME

• St
      21st of Apr, 2011

stardoll has terminated meh account and i did nothing wrong!!! im 12 and i wuz workinn so hard on meh rooms and topping up money and they just terminated it!!!

i wud not submit stardoll to anyone of my friends it sucks and my doll wuz gorgeous!!! im never joining stardoll again 4GET IT STARDOLL

• Ha
      24th of Apr, 2011

Dear Stardoll Advisors,
    I have been doing the play and earn on stardoll and for some reason i havnt been recieving any stardollars for doin it? Ive not recieves over 25-30 stardollars because of this and I am not able to buy anything now. I hope you will take this opportunity to look into this issue and deal with it appropriatly

hannahashworth2

26th of May, 2011

ok so in this club called original club some girls were like bullying me for nothing and they got me mad and I said things to them. Then they ALL reported me and I got deleted. I was superstar and I had 150 days left. I had a club with over 1000 members and that got deleted 2. I just found out today and I'm dying right now. i sent a message to stardoll but I don't think they're going to give a ###. I was therealyayrey on stardoll if I get my account back I'll tell ya'll. Please help me and tell me what to do. This is my medoll.

• Pi
      29th of May, 2011

OMG SAME HERE! stardoll doesn't give a ### about anyone but them and there money. i've had this account for awhile it has 1654 starpoints. I have made ALOT of best friends on here, my rooms are decorated perfectly, it has taken me probabley 7 months to get my album perfect and i have multiple sceneries that can't be replaced. i have an active club with 74 members too. But i have been reported today by a "royalty" for give her a "bad attitude". And my account might be deleted. What the hell went through there minds when they thought that it was normal for ANY account on stardoll to get deleted when no one has any proof of what was said to another person. It would basically be my word against hers. Stardoll needs to get off there lazy ### and do something about this. They need better protection systems or screw it, no protection at all. People are getting hacked, bullied, terminated all for nothing because stardoll is a piece of ###. I go on this website daily and have seen the changes of this website spirally downward. Basically if your not a superstar then your crap. Which is completley not true. Because i haven't been a superstar once and i've taken as good care of my account then every other superstar on this website. And i do admit i love this website but latley they don't give a ### about anything! If there is THAT much trouble about guestbooks, parties, and passwords then they should STOP IT! They are completley screwing up a children's website.

30th of May, 2011

I kind of disagree with the post above me. about the line saying "Basically if your not a superstar then your crap" becausae I was a superstar on stardoll (read 2 posts above it was from me) and i had 1333 starpoints, a club with over 1000 members and 150 days ss left and about 100 starcoins and 11 stardollors. all my rooms were open too and stardoll DELETED me. can u believe it? but i feel even more bad for mini-ph. she got deleted and had way more stuff. for more info about mini-ph, u can go to her new suite mini-ph2. i can't beleive she made a new account and turned it ss again. i mean come on she was royalty, had 4000 starpoints and everything and when she got deleted, she just started a new account and made it ss again. i'm not gonna pay again for my account because i had 150 days ss left. and mini-ph had spent over 400 us dollors on her account. i'm really sry for stardoll. but the worse thing is that my sister still goes on it and she's really anoying me cuz i interduced stardoll to her and now she loves it and keeps bragging . grrrrrr

• Sh
      10th of Jun, 2011

Star doll is a rather disgusting site that prey upon young children and unaware adults .
    My account was recently deleted by stardoll. There reason for deleting was that PAYPAL canceled a payment that was sent to them. After contacting Managers at my Paypal account I realized that there were NO canceled payments at all. They lied!!! .

I gathered all of my Transaction records from Paypal and sent them in to stardoll's administration since all of my transactions were completed I figured they would be able to clearly see that there is No canceled payment coming from my account .
    I finally got a reply back but it makes absolutely NO damn sense it says " PLEASE CONTACT PAYPAL DIRECTLY AND HAVE THEM TO CONTACT US" WTF so I went back to Paypal and this time I called and talked with supervisors there and they all said that stardoll has an issue but there is nothing wrong with my account and all transaction are paid for. I asked them to please forward all information to stardoll so that they can understand that I DO NOT have any canceled payments in my account.
    Paypal has contacted stardoll and given them receipts of all my transactions with the site you would think it would be over at that point, Right? but no, they still haven't reactivated my account and they have not responded again.
    They are money hungry wolves . They drain it's users dry . They bought out the beach villas and everyone wanted one of course but the items to decorate the villas were so damn expensive it was insane. Then they bought out the riviera collection in the same week they bought out many new things that all cost a bundle within the same week .

They love to drain it's members then ignore us when we have an issue within the site. Such a load of ### I think everyone should report them to the BBB I certainly am.

12th of Jun, 2011

Yay I got my account back. I just told stardoll that I was hacked and that my hacker broke the rules and they had me fill a form and I got myna ccount TherealYayrey back. I'm so happy!!

• Hu
      23rd of Jun, 2011

My doll Hunty.eyez17 was deleted too. According to what it say whenever I log in, "this doll is not active"; then I can't log in anymore. This is disgusting. I'd playing Stardoll for one year and I had paid for Superstar Memberships, but what?! These all efforts I had made was just turned to ashes?! I had an first doll, which I don't use it anymore, and I didn't visit it for almost 2 months; but it was not deleted, although it hadn't visited for 2 months. While my main doll(deleted) was deleted because I didn't visited it for just 2 weeks. I really felt desperate and angry when I found out that my beloved doll HUNTY.EYEZ17 was deleted by the main. I hope I can regain my doll back through this comment.

• In
      24th of Jun, 2011

i hav the monthy ss and also my sis. she is ss nad im not nad we both startes the ss at that same time. they took my money nad no ss LAST TIME STARDOLL IM SICK OF ALL THE PROBLEMS