Starband / Poor service

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Stay away from Starband. The service the offer is not worth the price they charge. I've had the service for 5 years and now that they use the "FAP" Fair Access Policy the service is worse than before. They have over sold their bandwidth and have saturated the transponder. Like the other satellite ISP's the FAP is worthless. A gig a week is nothing. I had to rebuild a PC and after downloading all MS updates, my service was turned off. I've had it and I am moving on to another NON satellite provider next week. Bottom line, dial up is better than Starband!

Te

Comments

• Ti
      5th of Oct, 2008

I agree they are bad. They never billed us and when I canceled the service, using the word "service" loosely, I asked if we owed them money and explained we had never paid any monthly service. They said we owed them nothing and sent me a bill with a zero balance. A year later they send us to collections with a $200 interest fee. What a scam. The collection agency is "confused" as to why I don't want to pay the interest but did pay the service fee of $900 that I agreed we owed.