Star Vacation Club / Vacation Resort Group / Poor service!

Yesterday my husband and I attended a presentation by this Star Vacation Club/aka Vacation Resort Group. We had received a postcard sent out for them by "We-Mail-4-U", located in Mesquite, TX. This card promised us a "Free MP3 Player Just for Calling" their 800 number. We did and they, and the postcard also, said we would receive "TWO ROUND TRIP AIRFARES TO ANYWHERE IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S., MEXICO, OR CANADA" from Vacation Resort Group. They also promised 3 days and 2 nights in a resort. Nowhere and at no time were we told there was any company called Star Vacation Club until we arrived at their presentation location.

We own timeshare and love it and were interested in hearing what they had to say, though they assured us this wasn't a timeshare presentation. We sat through the presentation and though it sounded intriguing, we decided we couldn't use it at this time. I told them that, even though they aren't officially a timeshare company, they are very much like timeshare. The manager we spoke with didn't deny I was right. They didn't pressure us and brought us two papers, one, a slip of paper that said "Jetaway Getaway". It claims that we will receive a certificate for a 3 day and 2 night stay for 2 adults along with 2 round trip airline tickets and we have to select from Las Vegas, Orlando, Puerto Vallarta or Cancun.

We explained to them that we had been promised 2 airline tickets to anywhere, etc, etc. None of the sales people or managers knew what they were talking about - each had a different story. Finally, a young man came out and had a voucher in his hand. He said we would get both, the 3 day with airfare and the 2 plane tickets to anywhere we wanted. He gave us a phone number to call their "Gifting Department" to learn more.

He also told us to call "We-Mail-4-U" to get our "FREE" MP3 Player. We called the latter number today and they told us our "FREE" player would cost us money. We said we weren't going to pay any money and wanted to talk to a supervisor. They hung up on us and blocked our phone number. We used a cell phone to call back and they blocked that as well.

We also called the "Gifting Department" number. They told us we would get the 3 days and 2 nights and 2 plane tickets, but not 2 more plane tickets as promised.

Star Vacation Club lies. I will also say none of their employees know what they are talking about as each one told us different facts. Early in the presentation they announced, with a flair, that a couple had just bought their program. Unbeknownst to them, I had seen the 2 young people clocking in at the office. They were employees of this crooked organization. I would never buy from this organization. I believe they are not legit and that they will be moving out of their offices as soon as they get some suckers to buy.

Comments

Ja
  12th of Nov, 2007

Thank you so much for posting this. I was tempted to call but decided to check it out first. Thanks for saving me the headache. I feel sorry for what you had to go through.

Ma
  24th of Nov, 2007

Great post. Very helpful for others as they try to find out if this type of thing is bogus or not. Keep up the good work!

Ra
  8th of Dec, 2007

Thanks also for this posting. I was interested in just what was being offered on their post card. "Anniversary Celebration" "2 Tickets to anywhere" "FREE" that's "FREE" "FREE MP3 layer". Sorry that you had to go through all that and got nothing for you time.

Zi
  12th of Dec, 2007

I went to VRG/Star Vacation Club. I got what I was promised. I got a voucher for the MP3, they just make you pay taxes, because taxes is a federal law. It was only 14.95. I payed taxes on the trip too. Which was only 100. I also purchased a club, and I love it. I think its worth the trip. I know that some gifts are different than others. Some people got some coupons and were eligible to win a Lincoln Navigator or cash.

Al
  26th of Dec, 2007

How did i get on the mailing list for We-Mail-4-U, and how do i get off of it?

Aj
  6th of Jan, 2008

I am on the "Do not call" registry. I got a call tonight from a Star Vacations representative who asked for me by name. She said they were offering a free 4 day vacation for two, to Las Vegas, Orlando, Puerto Vallarta or Cancun. I would get the vacation in exchange for spreading the word about them to friends and family. I still do not know what they were offering exactly but it seemed suspicious. When I asked why their number didn't show up on my caller Id, she ended the call fairly quickly.

Sa
  5th of Mar, 2008

Ill tell you the truth... I dont have a program with this company and declined the offer to go to a presentation because i am a firm believer of nothing is free in life... So I find it humerous that you so easily blame a company for an incentive promised by someone else - you see marketing companies call for selling companies and give incetives out beucase they are paid for how ever many tours they get in for the actual selling company. so if your going to be pointing fingers.. make sure you point them in the right direction.

Ge
  8th of Mar, 2008

We attended a Five Star Vacation presentation in Las Vegas and and were offered a choice of a "free vacation" or a $100 gift certificate from Home Depot at the presentation. Since the vacation destinations were not ones we were interested in, we elected the Home Depot Gift Certificate. We were given an application to fill out and send to Worldwide Travel Center in Deerfield, FL. which we did. The result is that the $100 certificate is now supposed to be four $25 rebates and Worldwide has added previously unmentioned requirements, "found discrepancies", and has refused to send the gift certificates or rebates. Since then I have read postings on the web for Worldwide and the company uses a similar ploy for the free vacations (the dates selected never seem to be available and the certificates become "altered" and thus void). The next stop for us is small claims and letters to the attorney general and post office for the use of the mail for fraud. So be careful and a reputable company would not be associated with this type of operation.

Fa
  3rd of Apr, 2008

when i received a phone call from star vacation they tell that ive been selected to be one of their v.i.p guest and ill be receiving a no cost vacation and now..that i already attend their 90 minutes presentation, their services is good and wonderful!!! and the vacation is absolutely great! me and my husband have a great time with it and ive already told to my friends, neighbors about your company and it was so amazing!! i have also received $1000 travel coupon where i can use in every restaurant in las vegas!
and im so thankful for it for star trvel because i have a great time with it!

keep up the goodwork!! star travel!

Fa
  3rd of Apr, 2008

good services! keep it up!

Ca
  3rd of Apr, 2008

The presentation was good, and we are under NO OBLIGATION to buy anything during the presentation… They are nice and very informative…. We really get the vacation that we wanted… Me and my husband enjoyed the airline and our stayed in one of the first class hotel in Las Vegas Nevada… We have a good time… I will contact this Vacation Club again the next time we want a vacation for our family….

Da
  3rd of Apr, 2008

good job! vacation is great and absolutely amazing!!!
honestly speaking they try to sell me something but definitely i have no obligation! i have attend that 90 presentation last month located at 1450 west guadalupe rd gilbert az! me and my wife and it was very informative and very legit! after the presentation i received the gifts and also $1000 travel coupon! and finally i already used that one and definitely wonderful!! its great!!!

Je
  3rd of Apr, 2008

Star vacation is legit I believe for they really gave me what they promised me- the 2 round trip airline tickets to Las Vegas and the 3 days and 2 nights first class hotel accommodations. Me and my husband already used it and we had a great time!! Hope everyone else will have the same experienc!!! Keep up the good work Star Travels!!!

Da
  3rd of Apr, 2008

i dont believe that this is a fraud and scam!
actually i already used my vacation me and lovely wife in cancun mexico and it was so great!
coz aside from 3/2 cancun mexico including of hotel accomodations their also give us $2000 travel coupon!

and its truly unbelievable!! all expense from their company!! wow!!

St
Gilbert
Arizona
Phone: 480-497-9955
www.starvacationclub.com

My husband and I purchased two timeshare weeks and all of the other travel 'benefits' that came with this company. Once I attempted to use the member travel benefits I was told that the greatly discounted hotel rates were acquired through the Entertainment book which comes with the membership. Any other benefits such as recreation and entertainment discounts also need to be purchased through the Entertainment book, not through Star Vacation. We were also told that we could use partial condo weeks - we cannot. Other benefits that come with membership include discount shopping, travel assist and pet assure - I contacted all of these companies for my membership information and none of them had heard of Star Vacation. I called our salesperson to request a hassle-free refund, but he won't take my calls. His manager was not familiar with the benefits of her company; I directed her to the company website and she said "I'm not sure how this works"! When I requested my money back she told me I would have to talk to customer service at headquarters (in Illinois) as she no longer had access to my information. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and hope to not have to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General's office. Stay away from this company!

Ta
  1st of Jul, 2008

These people called and told me I won a free i-pod from a contest I entered. I didn't enter anything but I thought perhaps my husband put my name in some sort of drawing. So I'm thinking, "great! a free i-pod." Then they proceed to ask me about my income and my marital status and on and on and they finally told me they were star vacation and what they were about. Ok, thats nice but I'm just not interested right now. They sent me an e-mail just in case I wanted to go about the time and date they would have their presentation and where I could pick up my gift that I "won". I never showed up and never AGREED that I would go. They called nearly everyday multiple times a day on my personal cell phone and I just didn't answer. Finally my husband answers. The lady was very rude to him and then I spoke to her and she claimed that I was wasting their time by double confirming that I would show up and telling me I shouldn't enter contests and have people waiting around for me to pick up my prize even though I never confirmed ANYTHING and only spoke to someone from there ONE other time. They were incredibly rude and tried to make me feel guilty for a contest I nor my husband ever entered.

Ed
  8th of Jul, 2008

I got my call tonight...no obligation to buy...free trip to Vegas 3/2 + airfare...I will have to bring a Dr ivers License and a Credit Card..I.. will not have to show the number or hand it to anyone...just show it and I can cover the number...hahaha you got the card...now comes the high pressure. So I did the research and found this...so we will not be attending...thanks...EBaum

St
  28th of Jul, 2008

Here is my Star Vacation story. I am in sales and consider myself savvy. I can't imagine being easily duped on something like this. Well they got me!!! It turns out, they contract out (supposedly) to a calling service that makes the initial sales calls. This is why all the BS they tell you to get you into their presentation doesn't match up when you get there and challenge them. There is no accountabililty. They started by telling me that I won one of four prizes. They made it sound like there were 4 winners that would show up and draw for the 4 prizes. One was to walk away with an Expedition, one with a vacation package, one with $2500 and finally a 32 inch flat screen. When I showed up the first time I was turned away at the door because I didn't bring my significant other. They never told me that in advance. I returned to the next presentation with her and immediatly questioned why there were now magically 4 new prizes offered and no one knew anything about a Ford Expedition. The common denomonator: the vacaton package.

I played along for a while to see what was really going on. I knew by seeing 50 "winners" piled in this room that everyone was going to scratch off a vacation package and was it was going to be "upsell city" from then on. Their were no flatscreens, no cash prizes and no Expedition.

You will end up in a timeshare presentation within minutes. The vacation club could be a good thing for certain people. I was so jadded from the unethical approach to get me into this presentation that I was rather abraisive throughout the show. Finally, it was a good idea for everyone for me to leave. They gave me a "gift coupon" for gas and a supposed 3 night cruise. I'm sure that is a scam as well.

Ri
  21st of Jan, 2009

I was taken by Star Vacations for the some of $3, 600 which I am still paying for monthly. The attraction for me was that they said I could get between 5 and 20% off all airfare tickets not only for us but the whole family for both me and my wife. Being an immigrant from Europe and knowing that I and my family will do many trips across in the next ten years I signed up.

Firstly the free present never arrived and then when I inquired about the price of flights they told us there were no such deals and in fact it would cost more because of using them as a travel agent.

When questioning them about it they denied everything and would not put me through to the original sales women.

I work to long hours to stage a protest outside their offices and if I don't pay them anymore I'm afraid my credit score will be punished. Both ways will cost me even more money, same with retaining a lawyer to fight it.

Any ideas??

La
  26th of Feb, 2009

Please call 303-750-5262 with any information on this company's practices. Thank you.