Star Vacation Club / rip off

12526 High Bluff Dr., Ste 260San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:
3.75
This company is a scam...they lie to you & make vacations look affordable...however truth is you wind up paying for something that you can get better prices for elsewhere. I fell for it & charged $6, 000.00 to pay for this...then had a personal emergency that took my money...I called the company to cancel & was told to mail everything back to their main headquarters which I did...I also filed a dispute with my credit card company assuming they would handle it...well they did, they took back the charges & star vacation club didn't respond at all to them...Now almost a year later a Collection Agency in St. Joseph Mo is hounding me & adding on additional fees. I have no contact numbers and am angry & upset & want this resolved...Do they talk to you? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO only when they collect your $$ & then you hear nothing from them...They lie & I was stupid to fall for it..Stay away from them!
Kh

Comments

Je
  3rd of Apr, 2008
I HAVE READ A LOT OF COMMENTS ABOUT STAR TRAVELS BUT IT'S SO IRONIC BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE NEGATIVE ONES. BUT AS FOR ME I HAVE ATTENDED THEIR PRESENTATIONS MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR ME!!! I WENT TO THEIR GILBERT BRANCH ON A SATURDAY NOON AND SINCE I CAME THERE EARLY, THEY EVEN GAVE ME SNACKS WHILE I WAS WAITING. AND ABOUT THE PRESENTATION, IT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE, THEY USE NICE HOTELS AND THEY HAVE VERY FABULOUS LOCATIONS. AND YES I DID RECEIVED A NO COST VACATION!! WIHTOUT BUYING ANYTHING FROM THEM. SO I HOPE EVERYBODY ELSE WILL HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE I HAD!!!
Va
  4th of Sep, 2008
We went to a "promotional seminar" where everything sounded wonderful. They can save you thousands of dollars on vacation packages.

We signed up. Once we had finished signing everything, we were then told that it takes about a week to get everything processed...however, in the fine print, you only have 3 days to cancel the contract...go figure, huh?

Well, when we got home and I looked over everything, we decided that it was too risky to wait the week, so, we sent back all of our materials that they gave us along with the cancellation letter the very next day. We sent it certified mail, return receipt just like you are supposed to do.

Now, we are getting calls from a collection service and they are telling us that it was not a valid cancellation and that we owe them over $4, 000.00.

Be very careful if you ever sign up with them!!!