Star One Lenders / Fraud and cheating!

1880 Hartford AvenueJohnston, RI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-469-5895

Signed a loan agreement for a small persona loan; I was told I needed to "secure my loan" which I hesitantly did due to the fact I have less than perfect credit. Once the security deposit was sent via MoneyGram, I was told the loan would be transferred to my account within 3 hours. That was 5 days ago and now no - one will even answer the phone or my emails.

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Rhode Island but I was told that could take up to 30 days and I am not guaranteed to get my security deposit back.

***** Anyone who has any suggestions, please let me know! What a time of the year for a single mother of 2 daughters to get scammed. I guess I was too trustworthy - am I a fool?

Comments

Pa
  6th of Dec, 2007
MY WIFE APPLIED FOR A SECURED LOAN ON LINE A COUPLE OF DAYS LATER WE GOT AN EMAIL FROM STAR ONE LENDERS. BY THIS TIME MY WIFE HAD GONE OUT OF TOWN. I TALK WITH THIS MAN A FEW TIMES ON THE PHONE AS HE ALMOST COVIENCED ME TO SEND HIM A LARGE SUM OF MONEY FOR AN EVEN LARGER AMOUNT OF MONEY. MY WIFE WAS LEARY IN THE BEGINING. UPON HER RETURN FROM OUT OF TOWN SHE GOOGLED THE NAME STAR ONE LENDERS AND I FOUND ANOTHER PERSON WHO HAD BEEN SCAMED BY THEM. PLEASE DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. USUALLY IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT IS!
Jo
  12th of Dec, 2007
They scam out of a lot of money for a loan. For more details email me atjohnboy330502@yahoo.com
Jo
  13th of Dec, 2007
I was a victim of this company as well. I was promised a small personal loan and in order to secure it, I had to send a good portion of money. When 3 hours turned into three days, I called the original person whom had talked to, Adam Cartwright, and he told me that it was in process and it would be there soon. Another two days went by and still nothing.

When I contacted a man named "Mr. Striker", he told me that I needed to send another payment due to the lenders request because of my credit history. I am still awiting a refund after three weeks and have informed the media and talked with a lawyer. I am in process of getting legal councel and hope that the issue can be resolved soon.

The only advise I can give is don't trust this company or these two gentlemen. Adam Cartwright talks with a foreign accent and will pretend not to fully understand you when confronted. "Mr. Striker" will just ignore your phone calls.
Ch
  14th of Dec, 2007
This company is a fraud they claim to make guarantees and then do not keep any of them. They took my supposed down payment then wanted more money. I refused they said they would refund my money but I doubt I will ever see it again. I am however giving them time to come up with it and return it to me. If they do not the FBI has a website for crooks like these and I will report them. Good luck to all of us in getting back what they took from us.
Sl
  16th of Dec, 2007
I have also been scammed by this so called company. I do have a good friend who's husband works for the FBI. I will be following up with this in hopes of getting money back. Shame on these people.
  19th of Dec, 2007
I was also scammed by this company, if any one knows who to contact about this company let me know. I am going to contact the state attorney general for rhode island.
  22nd of Dec, 2007
If anyone pursues any kind of lawsuit against this company, please contact me at my e-mail address.
Da
  1st of Jan, 2008
Due to my husband being out of work my great credit took a complete nose dive - I trusted this company far too much - I had to take pay day advance to get the monies they required, only to be told more monies are needed after reviewing my records. I have a log of my emailes, phone messages, etc. Mr Striker and I spoke before the holiday that we would attempt to speak with the lender, requested that I call him back in about 2 hrs. I did that, the calls went unanswered. I am in a panic - We do not live above our means, we are just trying to live -- HELP
  7th of Jan, 2008
Could the person who sent me an e-mail about this fraudulent company please resend it. The name on it was darlene. I accidently erased it.
  8th of Jan, 2008
has anyone heard anything about a company called Nordonfg its another loan service. if anyone has heard anything please let me know at my e-mail address,
Br
  10th of Jan, 2008
Look up FBI complaints about internet scams. I filed a complaint about Starone Lending with them, now I can't even find Starone's website.
They will ask you specifics on what happen. I feel like something is actually being done about it now.
  17th of Jan, 2008
i found out about the nordonfg. they are also scam artist so do not fall for their tricks. if they contact you tell them no thank you.
Sl
  17th of Jan, 2008
Does anyone have any new information regarding this company?
I filed a complaint with the better buisness bureau, fbi, and also the rhode island attorney generals office.
I was just wondering if anyone else did the same and recieved feedback.
I noticed the slime balls website is down as well as the phone # is temp. out of order. How convenient! Either thats a good thing for us or not!
Thanks in advance!
Pa
  23rd of Jan, 2008
I too was scammed by this company and also filed reports with the FBI, better business bureau and have tried several times to call them, but I keep getting this annoying message saying "your account is temporarily on hold and to contact customer service". If anyone has any different phone numbers or means to contact these guys, I would be most grateful. I appiled for my loan in November of last year, was told they needed more $$ for a down payment, I refused, and they said they would send me a refund check in 30 days. that was months ago..I would love to get my deposit back, but am not holding my breath!!! If anyone has any new info. phone numbers, emails, ect. Please pass them along!
Thanks
Fellow victim in NY!
Ch
  3rd of Nov, 2008
The number that they gave me was for the company name of oakdale lending. the agent said i was approved for a 5, 000 loan but i would have to pay a security deposit of 911.00 that equals about 6 months of payments.. beware of this number. the scam artist goes by james nolan.
Fr
  4th of Nov, 2008
I was almost scammed by James Nolan also.

I read this complaint and it saved me from sending money.

I made an app. with a James Nolan at Oakdale Lending in Charlottesville, Va. at One Morton Drive.

There is no lender there as I called the building and had one of the tenants go check for me.

However : I was stupid enough to send my s.s and driver's license number and bank account no., which I am changing today.

Nov. 4th, 2008

How dumb can I be ?

Fred Jackson 623-594-6794
Mo
  10th of Nov, 2008
I was contacted by these people a few days ago. Hoping that I could get my life turned around I was very happy that someone wanted to help me. After looking up the phone number I found out I was being lied to. 1, 500.00 is a lot for me to find and these people wanted to take it.
Sh
  21st of Nov, 2008
I was almost scammed. I guess Star One lending is now Oakdale Lending 1-866-469-5895 in West Virginia. I received a call from Linda Evans saying I was approved for 5, 000 secered loan. I would have to send them in 1055.00 for a deposit then I in return would get 5, 000. My first payment would be due in 9 months. Wow I was thinking OK where could I get the money and almost went to my family begging to borrow. She faxed me some paperwork. I just happened to look again and googled this company. I seen other [redacted]s and I am so glad I did.
Ro
  10th of Oct, 2009

Star One Lenders - Scam and cheating
Star One Lenders

I applied online to get a small personal loan to pay off some debt. I have less than perfect credit, so I started searching online. I received an email from Star One Lenders stating they have found a private investor who would take my loan - but I would have to send a security deposit due to my credit and being "high risk." I send 2 payments of $960 each ($74.16 in MoneyGram fees) to secure the loan thinking I would be better off in the long run even though I really didn't have the security deposit to send (I sent part of the security deposit out of what should have gone towards my house payment. Once the security deposits were made, I was told the funds would be made available within 3 hours - that was 15 days ago. I have made numerous attempts to contact Star One Lenders via emails and voicemails and have left messages with a customer service representative. I feel like an idiot now - all I was trying to do was pay off some debt and maybe provide a nice holiday for my daughters and all that happened is I am out almost $2000. I am not sure what legal actions, if any can happen, but if you can help me out - I would be greatly indebted to you! I feel as though I can't provide anything to my daughters for the holidays now - I feel pretty much helpless.
Bi
  19th of Nov, 2010
Dear People who have been scammed by this guy. He was sent to jail monday night thanks to me. But I think he got out on bond. I want to talk to you about him and I want you to call the FBI. Please e-mail me at Jacob@bigdaddysmoney.com Thanks You Jacob