Star Ledger / Star Ledger Subscription
I am unable to get your subscription to the Star Ledger started due to the following problems:
1. On 6/6 I sent in check # 1146 in the amount of $29.88 and the appropriate form for the twelve week subscription and the cooler bag
2. On 6/13 the check was cashed by Chase Bank
3. On 6/26 I called customer service and spoke to Steven and he asked me to fax him a copy of the check. I will not do so as it would be a long distance phone charge, I finally got him to give the address so I could send him a copy. Copy sent to his attention in Newark, NJ.
4. On 7/5 I called customer service and spoke to Alma. She knew nothing said she spoke to Steven and he did not get the check. She said call back.
5. On 7/10 I called customer service and spoke to Viola, again she knew nothing. She said did I know that I must send in the cancelled check. I said yes, I sent it to Steven on 6/26. She said she would have Steven get back to me immediately.
6. No progress. Even after 4 calls to customer service and being treated like a criminal and having constantly to defend myself. Evidently, you have no records of checks or forms sent in.
Today, I noticed that the Star Ledgers were thrown all over my development even at vacant houses. I live in a senior citizen development. You should be fined for throwing trash in our neighborhood.
Now, I do not want to deal with anyone in your Company and I just want my $29.88 check back.
I am just now starting a campaign to alert all people of your consumer fraud actions and your total lack of concern.
Manahawkin, NJ 08050