Star Dental / bad dentist!

United States, Texas
Star Dental
I went in to see Dr. James Lee with tooth pain, and he calmly told me that I needed to have my two front teeth shaved down and get veneers for $3000 (which the insurance would fully cover of course). Smelling a rat, I went to my hometown dentist for a second opinion who told me that I only needed to fill a small gap in my tooth, and it would cost just $100.

So what does this mean?

It means that Dr. James Lee was willing to file down my two healthy teeth and give me veneers just to collect a bigger payment from the insurance company! I've always heard horror stories like this but never actually thought that I would encounter such a gross example of how corrupt this industry has become.

Me teeth were fine other than a small hole left in one of my front teeth from a previous dentists "cleaning", and this guy wanted to file BOTH of my front teeth down to nubs just to line his pockets.

My advice is to get a second opinion, get a third opinion. Visit a local dentist that you can trust. There are so many dentists out there who will do unneeded procedures just to collect a few extra bucks and it's scary. You're teeth are more important than a dentists expensive car, but some dentists will happily sacrifice one for the other. Be smart