Star Conferencing / Fraudulent Credit Card Charges

United States, Georgia, Alpharetta Review updated:
Star Conferencing
Phone: (866) 230-0373
In Jan of 2009, I needed to arrange for conference calls for my home business. I found Star Conferencing, whom promised inexpensive conference calls. In order to start service, you needed to provide your credit card information, and I did so. They promised to provide me a call in number and passcode once my billing information was provided. Which I did.

My credit card was charged $19.99 but I was never given a call in number or pass word, I called their phone number [protected] and was told they could not provide the call in number and pass code over the phone that I needed to email the sales department I did that. No reply. I called again and was told I needed to email billing, I did that no reply. After five days I canceled with the company and requested a refund as I was never able to use the service, because they never provided me the call in number and passcode.

The next month they billed me again, I called and they promised to credit me on my card, they never did. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Atlanta. Star Conferencing told the Better Business Bureau they would refund my money for the prior two-months, this canceled the complaint with the BBB.

Starconferencing.com, then billed me again, and said they have no record of ever canceling my monthly charges, nor would they refund my money. Note, they said this after my complaint was canceled with the BBB. I never used their services. I've made over seven phone calls, sent 12 emails, and they continually promise to refund the money, but they never do.

They have charged me for 3 months service and I was never able to use their services as they refused to supply me the call in number. I have had to cancel my credit card because even though I blocked the charge, they billed anyway and my bank said in order to stop this kind of fraud, I had to cancel the account. The BBB is not responding because they said starconferencing.com promised to refund my money, even though after 3 months they have not. They STAR CONFERENCING rip you off and figure they monthly charges are not worth all the hassles of having to close your bank account, they prey on those who need services at a discount.

The latest way they continued this fraud was simple. I spoke with a Hellena who promised me that my refunds have been issued and asked for me to please remove these truthful statements about this billing fraud. I did that and guess what, NO REFUND HAS EVER BEEN ISSUED.

Any letters or comments they post when they say "Hi, I am Dawn the customer service manager, call me I will help you" Is fraudulent and a lie. I've been told over and again that my refund has been issued. I am refiling with the BBB today. This time I know not to say my complaint is resolved based on promises. Please take my advice, starconferencing.com is a scam.

N  10th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
Oh no! As the marketing manager for Star Conferencing, let me tell you how sorry I am to hear about this issue. We pride ourselves on quality and customer service. Obviously, it sounds like we did miss the mark here.

If you could please contact me directly at info@starconferencing.com I would appreciate it. I want to personally look into your account and determine where we dropped the ball. I thank you for bringing this problem to my attention.

D  11th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -5 Votes
I'm amazed to hear that this happened to you. I have been using Star Conferencing for 14 months now and are very pleased with the quality and price of the service. I have called them a few times with some basic account billing questions and my phone called have always been answered and they were helpful. I guess sometimes things fall through the cracks and this seems like one of those times. Good luck with resolving your issue. - Matt
D  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -4 Votes
Never had a problem with StarConferencing here. Been a customer for about 5 months. Use about 6000 minutes a month.
Best Best Advice Agree Disagree +5 Votes
This is the same thing that happened to me. Did they also tell you to please cancel your complaints on Ripoff.com and other boards and promise you a refund?

That is what they talked me into, and then they continued to bill my credit card. starconferencing is simply a fraudulent company. Make sure you cancel your credit card. I am filing a small claims action against them, as after 9 month, I still have not received a refund.

They are horrible.

J.T. Summers
Agree Disagree +4 Votes
Please know that I too have been a victom of starconferencing.com

I've been promised a refund for weeks, and it have never been issued. Further, I was never given the call in number or password to use the service. I canceled within 48 hours of signing up. The reason I canceled again was they never provided the service, so I went with go-to-meeting instead.

I have had all the phone calls and emails to myself saying my refunds have been issued and asking for the courtesy of taking off my complaints on the boards. I did so, but now know better. NO REFUND WAS EVER ISSUED after three months of promises. They continue to bill me each and every month.

Star Conferencing is nothing but a scam.
A  26th of Apr, 2009 by
Star Conferencing tells you in order to sign up, you must do so on-line for $19.99 per month. Then they promise to email you the call in number and passcode.

They never provide the information. I tried calling the customer service line and they claim they can only email the information and was told to email sales@starconferencing.com; sales emailed and said I needed to contacting billig@starconferencing.com; whom wrote and said I needed to call customer service. I trust you see this is called the run around.

I canceled three months ago, and continue to get billed. Worse after filing a complaint with the BBB bureau and another on-line service to alert others of on-line rippoffs, I heard from a Hellena. She apologized, promised my refunds for all those months had been issued and asked me to retract my complaints.

Yes, I was naive, did that, and guess what, I was not given a refund, and they continue to fraudulently bill me. Therefore, I am here warning others. Star Conferencing is simply a fraud. They will continually bill you for services they do not provide. Let's face it, you only use them because they promise 3.9 cents per minute for conference calls. There is a reason for this low rate, no service.
A  27th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes
This is the exact same situation that I've encountered with Starconferencing.com, they never provided a call in number or password to be able to use their services.

When I began calling, I was given a run around about them being unable to give me a passcode or number over the phone, I was given different departments to email, and after all of this I canceled my service via phone and email. They continue to bill me every month. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and other on-line boards, then I am told I had a full refund issued and to please take down my complaints, in good faith I did that, and now nearly a month later no refund has been issued.

This company is a scam, they make you give your credit card information up front to join the club for $19.99, then they never send you the very information you need to access the site. Then after they promise to cancel your membership, and issue you a refund, they continue to bill you each and every month. This has been on-going for over 4 months.

Star Conferencing is the Bernie Madoff of conference call companies. They have left some posts saying I should call them and they would take care of me, I have called and called and called.

If you to have been taken advantage of by starconferencing.com then tell others, let's stop this fraud.
N  29th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
As a team member of Star Conferencing, let me tell you once again how sorry I am to hear of these issues. I do want to help resolve this. I haven't seen an email to info@starconferencing.com with the account details that would allow me to address your concerns.

Please help me help you. Is it at all possible for you to send me your full name, account information and/or any other information regarding the situation you are experiencing? With this information, I can notify the right people to help. Sometimes our billing adjustment takes a little time. I can look into where things stand.

I know together we can solve this.

A  29th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +3 Votes

When I called Star Conferencing, they told me I had to email sales@starconferencing.com, then I was told I needed to go through billing@starconferencing.com all o f this while I continued to call your customer service phone number. Then I have been told for over five-weeks by Hellena that my refund had been issued and guess what, you continue to bill me.

Help me, why cannot I call customer service and have them help me? Why am I always given a new email address to send a complaint too? I've done that and then starconferencing claims that they never received the emails, and guess what you bill me yet again.

Do you have a phone number with a direct connection? I will call you. I've sent over 15 emails now and made over 20 calls. The last person I dealt with only by email of course was Hellena. Once I filed a complaint is the only time you responded and that is when you promised my monet had been refunded and you asked me to take off my complaint, which I did and guess what you never refunded my money, so we are back to this process.
N  30th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Hi there.

Here's the best way to reach me. Please call - 866-787-0366 with your account information handy. This is Hellena's direct line. My line is via an operator and I want this to be as easy as possible for you. Hellena and I do sit next to each other so you'll get both of us onthe call. We're here M-F from 9-5 EST.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you!

N  30th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Dear Dawn,

So you sit next to Hellena? The same lady who convinced me to withdraw my earlier complaint, because she promised me a refund had been issued. The one who lied to me? The one who promised me a refund and asked in exchange for me to remove my negative comments which I naively did.

She knows my name, email address, phone number. In fact we spoke again last week same promises however NO REFUND. How many people are being defrauded by your company? I guess you have so many, the situation is common, so you are not sure to who you are now lying?

I've called AGAIN today and sent emails to all five addresses.
A  1st of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
This is interesting. Star Conferencing, fraudulently bills for services they do not render. Then they continue to bill month after month and the only way you can stop them is by actually canceling your bank account and opening a new one.

Then they promise that your refund has been issued over a month ago, and they ask if you will kindly remove the negative comments. When you do so, you learn no refund was issued.

Now the claim is you do not know who these customers are, I've called, I've emailed and continue to get the same run around. When you email they tell you that you must call. When you call they say you must email. Then when you email and call back they say you emailed the wrong department.

Then they still manage to bill you every month. I know you want to try and present that this is just an error. However I am noting more complaints. It seems everyone trusted your company to refund the money owed, removed their complaints and now they are back.