STAR CAPITAL SECURITIES INC / fraudulent winning final notificaton

1 Grapeland, TX, United States Review updated:

i received a ck in the amount of 4875.00 us dollars to pay the tax on 120, 125.00 in winnings sweepstakes held on may 5th in the 2nd category there is a claim number in the letter also received with the check these people need to be in prison Mr George Stanley claim agent phone # [protected] also sign by Brenda Hicks promotion manager. i think a letter should be sent out from the government warning everyone of this scam so all the people who do not have internet are aware. i would hate for someone to loose all of their savings to these jerks.

B

Comments

6th of Oct, 2008

PLEASE BE ADVISED, THIS IS FRAUD!!!
    If you or anyone you know recieve a similar letter please discard it. I also recieved a similar letter claim from Star Capital Securites Inc. # JH/CA-0011 winning amount $4875.00 tax amount $2, 975 contact David Newman promotional manager, office line 1-647-208-9930, claim agent Helen Campbell

• Ad
      7th of Oct, 2008

I also recieved a check for $4, 875.00. I tried to call the company to inquire but, it says the mail box is full. (Probably of complaints) I then went immediatley to the internet and looked up the company name. I knew it couldn't be true and here are all these complaints about this company. I have thrown mine away and notified my local TV station who broadcasts warnings about these types of scams.

14th of Oct, 2008

I have also received a $ 4, 875.00 check from Star Securities as partial payment on winnings of $ 125, 000.00 but needed to pay the tax due of $ 2, 975.00 by MONEY GRAM or WESTERN UNION prior to cashing. As I have also seen on the Internet inquiry this is a "SCAM" and also will destory the $ 4, 875.00 check from Star Capital Securities and will notify local TV stations in my area.

• Ce
      14th of Oct, 2008

We recieved te same stating that we won 250, 000.00 and we needed to pay 2, 975.00 us dollars in government tax money gram or western union. Is there anyone we could report it to here in our local comunati.

• Me
      14th of Oct, 2008

I got one too! I reported it to the www.fraud.org website. Same claim number as one above. JH/CA-0011. What a coincidence!

• Cu
      23rd of Oct, 2008

Hello I also received a check for $4, 875.00 to pay the taxes on my $125, 000 winnings do they really think that all people are stupid and uneducated who in there right mind would believe that someone would give away 125, 000 rite I hope that these people would be found and put in prison for life

• Li
      24th of Oct, 2008

I also got a check today for the same amount mentioned by others. No one in their right mind would believe in this scam. Everyone be aware and lets spread the word. We will not fall prey to these sick and pathetic individuals. I am concerned about the hundreds of others who are experiencing extreme hardship - a check like this might cause them to do the unthinkable.

Thanks to all of you who have posted - this reassures me that there are good-hearted, solid thinkers, and commonsensical people out there. I am glad to be a part.

• Jj
      24th of Oct, 2008

I Just deposited mine into an account for Barack Obama for President election fund...maybe this will put an end to this

• Ke
      25th of Oct, 2008

I got the same check from a star capital secuities for 4, 875 and to contact a carol armstrong does anyone know who tis should be reported to? thanks, ken

• Va
      27th of Feb, 2009

My husband receive this same letter with a check, stating that he had to pay taxes of $2, 995.00 before cashing is winnings of $4, 975.00. he would receive the difference. I immediately rememember a similar situation on Judge Judy which was a scam. I search on the internet and saw all these complaints. I pray and hope that these people are not successful with scaming anyone.

• Tr
      13th of Jul, 2009

I also received the letter and a check for $4, 993.00 from Capitol One Securities Inc. 3000 2nd Ave Pontiac Michigan signed by Sheila Harris for the WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION. Looked very official and I can see where people would fall in to the scam. I work for the Police Dept and am turning mine in to our Bunco/Fraud division for further investigation. I hope everyone shares theirs with their local Police Dept also. With as many complaints I see just on this site, I can only imagine the numbers of the victims not represented here. It is our responsibility to make the law enforcement agencies aware of this, and possibly involving federal law enforcement as they are using the mail system to perpetrate their scam.