Star Capital Securities, Inc / fraud

1957 king streetchatham ontario, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 1-416-839-8417
sending out checks for amt of 4, 875.00 then asking people to send them 2975.00 for taxes on winning the north american shoppers sweepstakes. these people need to be put out of business. of course because they are in canada or possibly other countries there is nothing that our government will do. please make sure everyone knows about this company and companies like them
Am

Comments

Te
  6th of Oct, 2008
Received the same letter. IT'S A FRAUD.
Ci
  14th of Oct, 2008
I just recieved the same scam. Since it is sent through the mail, should the Post Master General be contacted.
To
  16th of Oct, 2008
I got the same letter and check for $4875.00 from Star Capital Securities. This check was drawn on Premier Bank in St Charles, MO. I called the bank and talked to a representative. I gave her the company name, Star Capital Securities, Inc and the checking account number, 065655 086506793 841005. She informed me that it, in fact, was a fraud and if the check was deposited in my account they would not honor the funds. She also indicated that she had received several other inquiries like mine and told them the same information. I proceeded to call the claim agent from Star Securities, Carol Armstrong. I told her that I had received the winning notification and I wanted to know what to do next. She explained that I needed to deposit the check and call her back to obtain further information. I explained to her that I had called the bank that the check was drawn on and found out it was a fraud. I asked her to explain why they said that and she hung up the phone on me which just further validated my suspicions. Don't be taken in by this scam. You will loose a lot of money and maybe more.

This could be considered grand theft and should be dealt with.

Tom L.
LaGrange, Georgia
He
  16th of Oct, 2008
I recieved the same letter, I knew it was B.S but what I dont understand is this is all over the internet and these low life piece of crap (John Crapper) are not in jail.It doesnt matter were they are.All attempt to capure these guys should be taken. For if they get someone to fall for this, it could escalate big time.Lets make an exanple out of then if thay are caught.

Hector V.
Newark California
Jj
  24th of Oct, 2008
They too sent me a check but I deposited it into a Obama for president account...lol
  27th of Oct, 2008
I also recieved a letter from Star Capital Securities Inc. This is what the letter read...
Claim Number: JH/CA-0011
RE: WINNING FINAL NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you that you are one of the delclared winners on NORTH AMERICAN SHOPPERS SWEEPSTAKES held on MAY 5th, 2008 in the 2nd category Ticket serial NO 38476075 Drew the Luck Wining NO 38477889.

We have made many unsuccessful attempts to contact you regarding this winning
you are therfore entitled to the sum of $125, 000 US dollars. This is form total prize money of $5 Million US dollars that was shared and presented among the other 40 declared 2nd CATEGORY winners. Please note that all participants were selected through a ramdom computer ballot system drawn from over 100, 000 names.

Enclosed is a check in the amount of $ 4875.00 US DOLLARS, which is part of you winning being sent to you, the sole purpose of this check is to enable you pay for the applicable GOVERNMENT TAXES on you big winning.

The tax amount is $ 2975.00 for the government tax. This amount is to be paid either by MONEYGRAM OR WERSTERN UNION directly to the tax agent.

When the winning is procesed, you will receive you FINAL CHECK a lump sum payment of $120, 125.00 this amount will be sent to you and delivered by FedEx.

please do not attempot to use this check until you call . You are advised to contact your claim agent immediately for further clarification as indicated below within 5 business days.

MISS. HELEN CAMPBELL ( CLAIM AGENT) 1-647-208-9930

Congratulations

Yours Truly

MR. DAVID NEWTON ( PROMOTION MANAGER).

I TRIED CALLING THE DAY I RECIEVED THE LETTER AND MISS HELEN CAMBELL WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SPEAK WITH ME. THEY ASKED ME TO CALL BACK ON MONDAY.
BEWARE TO ALL ABOUT THIS MAIL FRAUD...I HOPE THEY CATCH THESE CREEPS SOON...
Li
  31st of Oct, 2008
I am another victim of this ugly scam. I got the same letter and check with all of the same information on it and the same check information too. I call for Mr. George Stanley and the promotion manager also signed Brenda Hicks. Scams like this is sickening and I'm just glad I investigated before embarrassing myself at my bank or actually sending money to these criminals.