Staples / staples credit card fraud?
For the past few months, when I purchase something at Staples, after I swipe my card in the card machine, the cashier ALWAYS asks for my card and looks at it. Isn't the purpose of credit card swipers the fact that only YOU handle the card? This opens up a lot of possibilities for a dishonest employee to get your expiry date and security code and rip you off easily. This policy is very strange to say the least. I finally asked a cashier why they do that. She said it's so she can get the last 4 digits of your card number to use in case you return an item. Does the swiper not record those numbers? I smell something fishy. Even if it's not a scam, Staples should NOT ask you to give your card physically to an employee. It's a very stupid way of doing business.
More Staples Complaints & Reviews
- Staples - staples sucks! 
- Staples - easytech fraud 
- Staples, Inc - service for screen on my iphone 6 plus
- Staples/staplesrewardssignstaples.com - failure to credit my purchases to my awards a/c 
- Staples - awful company to work for 
- Staples - store stocking
- Staples - copy/print self service
- Staples - manager @ mill plain road, danbury, ct usa, 06811, retail store. employees difficult, obnoxious, antagonize customers.
- Staples - about my order
- Staples - lack of courtesy coupon