Staples / awful company to work for
I was recently fired from staples for refusing to lie to customers about in stock items. They wanted me to tell customers who where not buying a plan that the item was out of stock because according to them they will loose money if they sell any electronic item without a plan or attachments. I was threaten by 2 managers about me getting fired for not doing my job (lying to the customer in this case). Finally I was fired today, Thursday, august 28 2008, when I asked for a change of schedule because I was starting school. Manager told me that he couldn't do it and that since I was a temporary employee he didn't need me in the store anymore. Funny how I was told in the interview after asking 'how flexible is the schedule?', that staples works around my school schedule. He used that opportunity to get rid of me.
If you try to buy a Laptop from them and you say no to the accidental protection plan, they will refuse to sell you the laptop or any high priced electronic device. They don't even want the employees to offer the basic plan. No accidental no laptop I was told many times by the managers.
More Staples Complaints & Reviews
- Staples - staples sucks! 
- Staples - easytech fraud 
- Staples, Inc - service for screen on my iphone 6 plus
- Staples/staplesrewardssignstaples.com - failure to credit my purchases to my awards a/c 
- Staples - staples credit card fraud? 
- Staples - customer service in east rutherford, nj
- Staples - courtesy coupon
- Staples - overpayment.
- Staples - gives misleading delivery dates
- Staples on 2nd Avenue New York - unethical behavior at staples