Stanton Carpet / Warning

United States Review updated:
Stanton Carpet
Here's a consumer complaint not with the store I purchased this product from, nor the installer, but with the manufacturer! Beware that spending a lot for carpet doesn't translate to long lasting! In just 5 years a section of the carpet on my stairs has worn through to the backing. Anyone looking to purchase carpet should not purchase Stanton carpet for your stairs unless they plan on replacing it soon. Stanton Carpet is unwilling to stand behind its products siting that the one year warrantee has passed. Be wary of manufacturers that only offer a one year warrantee. There is a reason that it is so short! Stanton knows that their carpet won't last. Spending in excess of $71.00 per yard for Stanton Carpet means that I'll have to replace it in an unreasonably short amount of time.

$15 -$20 / yard carpet would hold up longer and better than Stanton Carpet.

As a consumer of their product I complained about this to their customer service group. The only recommendation that George Forte of Stanton Carpet had was 'if you have a piece of this carpet left over you can easily replace the one step by call the installer who originally installed the carpet'. 'I wish that I could be of more assistance but after 5 years there is really nothing more that I can do'. Stanton Carpet's slogan on their website is 'There's more to life than ordinary' That's correct. The 'more' means spending more than you'll expect!

N  31st of Jul, 2009 by
Stanton Carpet Corporation, founded in 1980, was built on the mission to create a brand that was synonymous with style and value for the decorative market. We have met that mission with what is recognized today as one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and importers of decorative, high-quality branded carpet and custom rugs. We have stood the test of time by taking care of valid problems and educating our flooring retailers on the appropriate application of our various types of carpet.

Within the flooring industry it is uncommon to have a residential carpet warranty for stairs. Yet, there are appropriate types of carpet that may give years of beauty and enjoyment when installed on a staircase. There are a multitude of factors when considering carpet for stairs (i.e. household traffic, pets, pivot points, sun exposure, proper installation, etc.). We recommend that when purchasing any flooring for a home; discuss any factors that may impede the performance of the product prior to installation.

We take great pride with our quality control in order to avoid potential problems.