Standford and Associates / Stolen Money

Brian KellyBrian Kelly, Queensland, Australia Review updated:
Phone: 1300 762 286

Firstly let me assure anyone that is reading this that I have nothing at all to gain from discrediting Standford and Associates and Brian Kelly.
Basically, I fell for all his tricks.

I opened a platinum account which cost $9, 000 joining fee and with a $10, 000 trading account.
Returns for the first month (Dec 2007) were $2, 700 profit which was paid into my account. They then rang myself and another friend that has an account with them and told us that they were stopping opening any new accounts as they had too many clients and wanted to concentrate on servicing their existing clients. I then stupidly took out a loan for 2 more platinum accounts before they 'stopped' taking any new accounts. So I have $57, 000 tied up with the company. Their customer service person 'Nancy' sent out quarterly account statements (Jan-March 2008) saying that we had earnt $2, 700 per account. This was 4 months ago and I have not received the money.
And so begins my worst nightmare...
Suddenly their phone number [protected]) was only ever answered by a recorded message and none of the messages I left were ever returned. Their phone is now answered by a message service and as expected my calls are never returned. Brian Kelly hasn't answered his phone since I handed over my money and he doesn't return any calls. I have since been able to get the numbers of 2 people in sales and after explaining my situation and pleading my case to them they promised to look into it with Brian and now they don't answer or return my calls.

I have text messaged Brian Kelly about my situation. Letting him know that my partner has left me and I'm about to lose my house because I can't afford the repayments on the extra loan I took out. He has text me back once saying that I will get the money (stringing me along) so he knows exactly what is going on.

Since I have posted my phone number on theripoofreport.com website I have had 5 calls from other victims of Standford and Associates / Brian Kelly from all over Australia.
The line is always the same. These people ring up and say 'I think I've been burnt by Standford as well' no one is quite sure whether they have lost their money because Standford and Brian Kelly just stop answering calls and totally cut you off. You live in hope that Nancy (the customer service woman) will call you to tell you that they are transferring the latest returns into your bank account. It won't happen, you have handed over your money and you are of no use to them now.

If anyone can help me please call [protected]. I'm open to anything.

Comments

De
  11th of Nov, 2008
I have copied an entry I posted on the website: the /link removed/
I assure you that everything I have written here is 100% true and I am willing to meet with anyone and discuss it further if need be.
I can be contacted on 0418 996 742 and I will answer my phone unlike Brian Kelly (the man who is ruining my life)

Basically, I fell for all his tricks.

And so begins my worst nightmare...
Suddenly their phone number (1300 762 286) was only ever answered by a recorded message and none of the messages I left were ever returned. Their phone is now answered by a message service and as expected my calls are never returned. Brian Kelly hasn't answered his phone since I handed over my money and he doesn't return any calls. I have since been able to get the numbers of 2 people in sales and after explaining my situation and pleading my case to them they promised to look into it with Brian and now they don't answer or return my calls.

When I read the entries above from people stating that Standford and Associates is a legitimate business it makes my blood boil. If Standford are audited by a chartered accountant then give me their name and number because I would like to know where my money is. They have $57, 000 of mine and they will not return my calls let alone give my money back.

To the people that wrote the entries above defending Standford and Associates why don't you give me a call on 0418 996 742 and you might be able to answer a few questions about where my money is. If you can clear it all up for me then I would be more than happy to post another message here stating that I was wrong but I fear the chances of that happening are slim to nil.
Tb
  1st of Dec, 2008
Some options for you are:

- lodge formal complaint with both the NSW & QLD offices of fair trading for intervention/mediation with Standford (I'm not sure exactly where Standford are located as web address is Sydney and whitepages address is QLD???)

- I also saw a similar story on A Current Affair in Oct-08 regarding Suncity Equities (also arbitrage scam on gold coast) and I believe that some of these people were then able to recover their money. So it might be worth while getting in contact with ACA about your story.

www.sportsarbitrageguide.com/wordpress/2008/10/23/a-current-affair-go-after-suncity-equities-and-investments-scam/

Goodluck
St
  12th of Mar, 2009
Hi this same company ripped off my brother, they tried to scam me too, they had Shane call me twice in one day lucky i dont believe in giving out my credit card details over the phone... but i've done a little investigating because this sort of thing destroys people lives, hopefully this information helps you.
I believe Brian Kelly runs Standford & Associates but he changed the name to Investors Group Australasia (aka) IG. They aslso dont call it arbitrage anymore they do margin or pfd trading and stocks. The most stupid thing they've done use the same layout for their brochures aswell just changed the wording around added some pretty pictures and changed the cover from blue to yellow. His receptionist Nancy still works there. "oh im sorry Brian isnt in at the moment. I'll get him to call you back." how many times do we here that one? I also found out some names of his rip off protege salesman Chris Banks has to be fake but shane is actually Shaun Anderson connected with Aust Future, Matt Thompson, Luke Jones, Michael Goss, David Cook and Travis something, Chris Paiton. I also visited the MLC centre in Sydney and guess what? NO OFFICE!!! I think
They are in an office block on the Cnr Goldcoast Hwy and 8th Avenue Palm Beach QLD I had a look about a week ago its across the road from the beach yellow building and they have a new website too investorsgroupaustralasia.com they tell you what you want to here, offer too good too be true returns and dont show any real information, statements or any proof of these returns from previous clients. Fortunately I do fully investigate any company or individual to whom im am giving my money to and I advise all people to do the same... it seems like the people that get ripped off the most are those who cant afford to but are sucked in with the get rich quick scheme so remember the age old saying if its too good to be true it probably is.
Ba
  4th of Oct, 2009
Brian Kelly Lives at 6 Helena place Banora Point N.S.W 2486, also see Ozripoff.com for latest update regards him. If you paid by CC you can still have it reversed regardless of time past, insist you did not get or receive any product or service they have to refund why ? They (The Bank) issued a "Facility" to the company therefore they should have checked if credit worthy not you