Standard Trust And Finance Inc. / Notice of Unclaimed Winnings in Contest

1 1744-104 India Hook RoadRock Hill 29732, SC, United States Review updated:

Just received letter and check from Standard Trust And Finance Inc. The check is for $4, 950 and is part of my alleged winnings of $95, 000. The letter said I won in the Fourth Category of the SUPER SEVEN CONTEST and I should pay $2, 750 in taxes on the winnings through MONEY GRAM found at any WALMART store. But first I should call my claim agent, Jones Brian, at [protected] for tax information and further clarification. The area code of 647 is for Ontario, Canada. I received the letter and check in a #10 white envelope that just had my name and address and a Canadian postage stamp on it, no return address. The letter and check is signed by a Morris Lexington, President, and his signature is unreadable scribbling. All in all a clever scam for the gullible who believe in Santa Claus coming early this year.

Comments

• Bi
      18th of Oct, 2008

In the filing of my complaint I mistakenly put my home address instead of the name and address of the company that is the subject of my complaint, Standard Trust And Finance Inc. This entry is to correct that mistake.

• Ji
      25th of Oct, 2008

My wife received a letter in the mail yesterday from Standard Trust, Inc of Saint John, NB E2k 2Y6, which turned out to be somewhere around Ontario, Canada. It was accompanied by a check in the amount of $4, 900 drawn on Carolina First Bank of Asheville, N.C. USA. The account holder is Mobility Concepts, Inc. of Asheville as well.
    My wife was instructed to call 1-647-895-5082 and speak to a Bill Jay. The fella couldn't speak very good English and I figure the boy was from Nigeria or Kenya. He told her to deposit the check in our bank account and then give him a call back.
    Seems this fell and his accomplices Mandy, the claims agent, and Angela White of 55 Crown Street, Saint John, NB E2L 2X6, Canada are going to want us to send the a Money Gram for $3, 980 before releasing our winning of roughly $250, 000.

• Ro
      15th of Sep, 2009

I recieved a letter from "United Trust and Finance Inc." claiming I won $250, 000.00 and a check for the sum of $4885.00, the letter says the same as yours (Bill) did, only my agent's name is "Tom David", the phone number is (647)835-1470 and the $2985.00 moneygram (in my case) says: can be send through a walmart or western union (the ladder is written in bold letters and underlined).
    Also on the top left corner of the letter has following address:
    International Claim Department
    1047 King Street Morriston
    ONT NOB 2C3
    Office Hours: M-F: 8AM-6PM

• Qu
      15th of Dec, 2009

I received a similar letter from the Pneumatic Inc, located somewhere in Georgia. Same exact scenerio. The letter was signed by a John Lexington, who was suppose to be the person i contact @ 1-866-257-6048 for the tax information. The check amount that was sent to me was $2, 850.50. I was suppose to Western Union $2, 700 to be paid for my taxes of my winnings. I suppose to have won $250, 000 in a SUPER SEVEN CONTEST. I knew this was a big fake, I never entered into no contest. When I asked the gentle where the money get wired to, he said to a Patricia Walker in NewYork, NY. (Thats all the info he gave me!) I even had the bank confirm that the check was a fraud. Be aware people. Protect yourself.

• Jj
      29th of Jan, 2010

hi i just received a check for 2, 650.74 and to pay the winning taxes to go to my convience store and western union the taxes of 2, 450.00 the letter came in a plain envelope saying to call my claims adjuster at 1 866 257 6048 ext 1 david lexington its drawn off of california bank and trust from genlabs in chino ca.i called the mane number for the buisness its a ligit buisness but the guy said i needed to call human resores .this isnt right these people are hurting people that are hurting for money i lost my house and my job i needed that money.

• Na
      17th of Feb, 2010

i just got the same exsact letter from david lexington theses people need to be stopped at all cost cause the man i talked to was cuban. It seems this scam is growing at a fast rate and needs to be stoppedthanks for the warning everybody