Standard Trust And Finance INC / Scam

401 Yonge St North York Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-647-891-2834
I recently got a letter from Standard Trust and Finance INC stating that I won $95, 000.00. In that letter i got a check for $2, 950.00 to pay government taxes of my winnings. I call the Claim Agent Jones Brian he seemed so desperate to deposit the check on my bank account and to call him the next day. I was thinking of depositing the check and wait until it cleared and then pay the taxes luckly I check out this website and help me with all the answer I had on my mind. I was lucky to not deposit the check on my bank but be careful for this scams they could trick very easily.
Jo

Comments

Fp
  23rd of Oct, 2008
I also received a similar letter. The supposed winnings was 85, 000.oo and the check was for 4920.00. I called the contact number several times and got a woman who mumbled into the phone so I could not understand her. The contacts listed in the letter were always unavailable at the time I called. I too thought about depositing the check and waiting to hear from someone as to where to send the tax monies. I guess these crooks play on our need or greed, but I don't know what they get out of it in the end.
Ce
  27th of Oct, 2008
THATS SO FUNNY I ALSO RECIEVED A LETTER AND A CHECK . I CALLED THE NUMBER AND SPOKE TO A MAN WHO TOLD ME TO DEPOSIT THE CHECK RIGHT AWAY AND TO CALL HIM BACK. HE SAID HE WOULD BE GIVING ME ALL THE INFORMATION I NEEDED TO PAY THE GOVERNMENT TAXES THROUGH MONEY GRAM BUT THE THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THE TAX AMOUNT THEY WERE ASKING ME TO SEND SEEMED TO LOW IN AMOUNT FOR A $95, 000.00 PRIZE.SO I NEVER DEPOSITED THE CHECK BUT I DID LOOK UP THE BANK AND IT DOES EXCIST BUT UNFORTUNATELY EVERYTHING WAS A SCAM.