Standard Pacific Homes / sub standard building

East Lake Park, Saint Cloud, FL, United States Review updated:

Let me start by saying my husband and I are both contractors and are very familiar with the trades, scheduling, codes, and expectations. From the moment our buidling started it was poorly managed and full of flaws. The schedule was changed 3 times resulting in thounsands in flight changes but that was the least of our worries. The home was to be built with all the ammenities that we selected during our nearly 3 hour design selection meeting and $60, 000 in upgrades. From the initial pour of the foundation floor outlets were missed, drain pipes were placed incorrectly resulting in pushed out walls, storage closet was cut down by half without even a notification to us as buyers, copper wire was stolen from the home on 3 occasions resulting in splices between the walls where a homerun circuit should have been, the wrong tile placement was put in the bathroom that was an added expense, the triple slider door was installed inproperly and even the door installers could not figure out how the framers did it, our glass enclosure was installed backwards 3 times with the beveled edge going on the inside leaving sharp edges exposed, deco tile installed upside down in half of the bathroom, 7 windows were not operable and had to be cut out after we were moved in and replaced completely resulting in a safety hazard. Nothing beats the fact that a certificate of occupancy was issued by the Osceola County Buidling Department with the Assumption that the smoke detectors would be installed on the first floor after they left! Yes, I said after they left. The electrical contractor failed to install smoke detectors on the first floor of a 5, 037 sq ft home and the builder never caught it. So on the day before closing they were cutting into my ceiling every 3 feet to run power and smoke detectors in each room on the ground floor and back to the panel with no final inspection. Here is the big finale... last week my microwave catches on fire and the lights go out in my home that is less than 50 days old and the electrician comes out. MY NEUTRAL IS NOT HOOKED UP ON MY MAIN... HUGE FIRE HAZARD!!! I would not recommend this builder to put up a tent let alone another $400k home. They are not timely in responding to the needs of the client nor do they make their appointments. Less than accomodating for having put one family thru so much building frustration. We knew in advance what we were paying for our home and we were satisfied with the price but after the fact and all the changes in vision and modifications in our home with no notification, no sign off, and no addendums in our favor... my vision changed but my price sure didn't. I received a half built, hazardous home, at a premium, and life risking price!

Standard Pacific Homes

Da
Feb 18, 2013

Comments

• Ra
      Feb 18, 2013

You have the know how to these things and I sincerely hope, the evidence. I hope this is just a post for us consumers but you've spent most of your time looking for a lawyer. That's what I would be spending most of my time doing. Boy did you ever get rooked.

• Be
      Mar 05, 2013

Have your windows leaked yet?? We purchased a Standard Pacific Home in Clermont in May 2012. By Aug the entire east side of our home had mold and mildew. The Sheetrock and some flooring was removed and nothing was done until Dec. They did do a water test and determine my windows were DEFECTIVE. They were replaced and guess what the new ones, also DEFECTIVE. We are suppose to have another set installed by a different company. Worst customer service ever. Would not recommend this builder. Contacted action reporter hope he runs a story on how bad they are. Several homes in my neighborhood have mold and leaking windows. God help us when the hurricane season comes along. They also did the work without a permit and the job was shut down by the city code enforcer. They have replaced several decks in the area without permits as well. It has been a LONG 10 months trying to get our home fixed. We now have mold in the a/c handler room, hope they come and fix that. There are so many construction defects is scary.

• Ra
      Jul 24, 2016

Wow. Same stuff here with DR Horton homes.